little green/gray thingy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

y2keable

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2005
northumberland UK
www.livejournal.com
i've been a member of the forum for a while now, more or less just a reader of posts but i've just noticed something.

under everyone's post counter is a little green or grey square (there may be other colours, i don't know). when you hover the mouse over the square, it quotes "this user is on a distinguished road" if green and something else about stuff being unknown if grey. can anyone define the meaning of this?

cheers
Jayson

Reactions: tomtom

leon-1

Hi mate, if it is green it means that you have your reputation switched on in the user CP.

If it is Grey it means it is switched off.

effectively if you post something helpfull to people they can give you reputation points and the message of distinguished path will change as you gain more points.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
y2keable said:
cool idea

i have 10 already, can't think why though...i'm not much of a poster.

cheers
Jayson

You get 10 points to start with I think - that way if someone gives you negative reputation you don't automatically go to a minus figure.
:)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
So how exactly do I turn rep off I can't find where in my CP the setting is? I'm not sure I like rep there seems to have been some issues in the past with my account that Stuart tried to sort out but I’m still not back on an even keel with my points so I would like to disable it and then people don't think I’m a monkey because the site says I am an unknown quantity. Marts I think you start with 5 points

James

Reactions: MagiKelly

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
jdlenton said:
So how exactly do I turn rep off I can't find where in my CP the setting is.
Me Neither.
jdlenton said:
Marts I think you start with 5 points
I think it's ten. That's what I've got, and I've never seen anywhere to either control this, or to find out where the ten came from. I've dished a couple out by clicking on the scales, and don't see a list of who I've awarded them too either.

I seem to recall that this is a relatively new feature, and is probably low priority to fix up. Of course, that should be enough bait for a moderator to tell us how it really works. ;)

leon-1

jdlenton said:
So how exactly do I turn rep off I can't find where in my CP the setting is? I'm not sure I like rep there seems to have been some issues in the past with my account that Stuart tried to sort out but I’m still not back on an even keel with my points so I would like to disable it and then people don't think I’m a monkey because the site says I am an unknown quantity. Marts I think you start with 5 points
James

I seem to recall it was 10 points, James I have been looking at your points and don't understand what has happened there.

Yep and I can't find it in the user cp either it is not on the options page that it used to be under. James I'll see what I can do in the background, but although I can see how many points you have I cannot change the amount or reset it.

If I can switch it off for the minute I will do and then in the meantime I will see if there is anything else tha can be done:)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
hi pov

have a look here this is the response from stuart the last time we talked about rep it states the starting value for rep points and the reasoning behind it:)

James

EDIT thanks leon we must have typed at the same time lets see what comes out in the wash
thanks James

Reactions: leon-1

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
jdlenton said:

James

Sorted now. Sometimes the simplest solutiuons are the best ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE