list to learn

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I like the idea Red, I am fast starting to believe this Karma thing, I saw the comedy My name is Earl and some of it rings true. I try to accomodate people if I can by helping them out in some small way, especially if I am going somewhere and they are going part way, I'll give them a lift. Maybe they need something and I can get it for them, I'll send it off. I think you get a reputation by your actions, if you do good your reputation will reflect that, and it makes life nicer in the long run.

It all sounds a bit fluffy I know, but if everyone tried it, the world wouldn't be such a crap place!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I agree Spamel - I think it depends on circumstances and I think a dose of healthy scepticism with complete starngers is called for. This however is a group of like minded friends and, as you say, its a nicer place if we trust each other. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and cover Leon against any loss he might suffer - I think we are a better place than we give ourselves credit for

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
red could i start that thread now or would i still need full membership for that (i will be paying to become a full member tommorow
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

Entirely up to you mate! You need to be a full member to sell stuff, you can swap right now. I had a try last night on the "paying forward" principal (prefer to put my money into it than yours) and it seemed popular. It has to be your choice though...

Asked you mum about the axe yet?

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i think i will dig some stuff out now and put them up
thanks for the idea you have rep
i have also seen the amount of rep that people have given you due to that thread well done
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well i have started a thread called leons paying it forward in the swap shop, take a look
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey, we all all have a few bits that aren't any good to us - if we pass em on, we'll probably get what we do need (guys here taught me - I bought a wrong bit of kit and a member sent me the right bit (free). Someone else said - hey I need that thing you don't need...and I thought.....hmmmm theres something in this...just seemed a nice thing to happen you know?)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
red i asked my mum and she said yes to an axe yipeee, i am looking at probs the small forest axe
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Very cool Leon,

Well, make your mind up which one you want and if it is the sfa, let me know and I'll see if my mate can help

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yesterday my uncle gave me a couple of pheasants, we breasted one and tryed something different on the other one
heres the photos

pheasantreadyforcookinguq2.jpg

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yummy, everyone round to Leons for Tea!

I'll call my mate next week Leon. He may not have one anymore, but I can ask!

Red

Reactions: Martyn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE