list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i am having roast pheasant tonight and i will tell you if i like it later, i have heard that it has quite a strong taste is this true
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
we ate the pheasant and it tasted very much like chicken, i loved it and i cant wait untill i get another pheasant
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Interesting, I find the favour far more pronounced than chicken although the texture is similar. I like it best in a stew or casserole. Took my match case to work today and it was much admired!

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
what are the legal aspects on an under 16 year old carrying an under 3 inches non locking blade (victorinox climber) ?
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

I dont believe that there are specific laws covering the age required to carry a knife. So you must adhere to the same laws as the rest of us. However clearly individual places (your school for example) may forbid any type of knife - UK legal or not (and quite right too - why carry a knife to school?).

The best guys to ask round here are Martyn or Chris (Claycomb). Better yet, ask Ross over on BB (he's a policeman so he should know if anyone does - plus he is a a sound bloke so I trust his judgement)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hopefully martyn or chris will be along soon
i totaly agree with you that a knife should not be brought to school, so i just have to follow the rules like the rest of you and can take my knife around with me all the time except to school
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i know it is illegal to take a knife to school and i dont intend to do so but i wamt to know if i can take a sak around with me everywhere except from school
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my vostok watch has arrived and it looks great and smaller than i thought it was going to be, when i opened the package it flew through the air and hit the floor and it didnt appear to even have a scratch
my 11ft telescopic fishing rod also arrived
leon

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
leon-b said:
my vostok watch has arrived and it looks great and smaller than i thought it was going to be, when i opened the package it flew through the air and hit the floor and it didnt appear to even have a scratch
my 11ft telescopic fishing rod also arrived
leon

And it's not even christmas yet :D

have fun

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
lol both these came out of my own money
for christmas from my mum i have coming a clipper sheath from rapidboy, an AA LED maglite and a new firesteel
come on christmas
leon

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
leon-b said:
yes i know it is illegal to take a knife to school and i dont intend to do so but i wamt to know if i can take a sak around with me everywhere except from school
leon

Thought you had to be 16+ to carry a knife at any time regardless of length, folder, lock, fixed etc etc......? Maybe wrong but I'm fairly sure. :confused:

ATB....Stu

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

PM Martyn (politely) and he'll tell you. Failing that go to BB and ask Ross (tell him I sent you)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
red ok i will pm martyn
i havent asked my mum about an axe yet but i think she will after a bit of nagging, we also have a load of firewood for our chimnea which is about 5 foot long, i will tell her that it will also help me cut it into smaller pieces so that it will fit in lol
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
btw red if i do get an axe i will probs get the gransfors sfa, do you think this is a good choice
well stovie you wanted a picture of my bow so here it is pulled to full draw
yes i know about the bit over bending at the bottom and i will not make that mistake on the next bow i make

bamboobowatfulldrawyx9.jpg

leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE