lightweight leuku style knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
There you go - exactly what I meant. - Looks good. Cheers for the Link Jonathan, hadn't seen that thread.

Andy

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
A bender......

4177785596_9c99e841db.jpg

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Handle looks stunning, sheath is a very nice job as well but I'd like to see you do one with a ore traditional sheath some time. The false edge is not to my tastes and detracts (IMHO) from the working qualities of an otherwise great knife, but the customer always knows best...

I'd love to see another one done exactly the same way minus the false edge because that handle really is the business.

In summary it's great work, but a lot of its mass appeal has been lost due to it being personalised to the clients request.

I won't directly comment on some of the observations made by others but I would like to say that since most bushcrafters regularly use military kit of various sorts it seems a little knee-jerk to jump all over the use of certain descriptions of an item.

I regularly wear military ummmmmmmmm soldier-type clothing where the labels inside are marked 'combat' and my main two bergens are designed for military ummmmmmmm activities and...

Let's not get unnecessarily excited over nothing.

Bottom line - if the client is happy then everything else is academic and I can see a lot of things going on in your knife that would make the client very, very happy indeed.

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress because you are doing such a grand job overall.

Out of curiosity would you mind if I PM'd you to discuss certain aspects ?

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
They call them benders up here too - and you have to be pretty hard core to live in one 365, even in the SW. That's a lifestyle, not a hobby like bushcraft almost always is.
I had an acquaintance who lived in a bender, in North Yorkshire. He made drums and fantastic chairs - he made a ladderback rocker for me. Used ash, cut locally, did all the work on a pole lathe or with hand tools.

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
I'm pretty sure that benders were originally used by travellers, popularised by the women at Greenham Common in the '80s.

Just occurs to me to wonder how many people actually remember the whole Greenham Common thing.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
LOL, the only definition of "bender" that I know of here in the u.s. is: "a prolonged drunken state."

Sombody once said, and I'm paraphrasing here: "Great Britain and the United States - - separated by a common language. So true.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE