lightweight leuku style knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i was asked by a customer to make them a lightweight leuku style knife, they wanted a false edge on the back of the blade for asthetic purposes.

anyway here is what i have come up with ;)

254.jpg

251.jpg

259.jpg

one problem i encountered was that the sheath has a patch where the dye absorbed a little more than needed, i have shown the customer and thankfully they remain happy.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
nice looking knife mate, the false edge isn't to my liking but as you say it's a commision piece and the customer should get what the customer wants.

not wanting to fuel any fires at all, and i personally haven't seen this posted on any other forums, but why "combat"?

stuart

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
just interested to know why you changed the title / knife name, nothing else, no malice or anything else intended. don't be so sensative young man :)

oh, by the way, i think it's a good looking knife and you skills are improving well.

Last edited:

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
just interested to know why you changed the title / knife name, nothing else, no malice or anything else intended. don't be so sensative young man :)

mate i've seen a lot of posts by you both on here and other forums having a pop at josh the constant nit-picking and sniping is pathetic grow up

jollo74

Aug 9, 2010
Germany
Hi Josh,
I have a question on the tang: the picture is a bit dark abu it looks like you've peened over (is this the right phrase?) the last 3-4 mm of the tang. The blade looks like the 8" Lauri blade, which IMO already has a rather short stick tang. Having large hands, that's why I didn't peen the tang for my own knife (I'm relying on the epoxy glue :p).

So, what's the length of the handle? Did you weld a longer piece of metal to the tang?

Thanks & Cheers
Jörg

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi Josh, I like a lot the general shape and the handle, great job as far as I may see on the pics
The only part I don't like is the false edge :-(

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Nice sheath, Nice handle, Nice blade ruined by the false edge.
The workmanship is great, I just don't see why anyone would want a nice blade spoiled like that.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Speaking as someone who lives in the land that is home to the word "Leuku", I'm genuinely interested to understand what a "Combat Leuku" is? Is it intended to be a "fighting" version? I'm not judging, just interested to know how and why you came up with the name?

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
hello Mate

Goodwork there, I thought the name combat just referred to the fact that the false edge gives it a bit more of a tactical look . And as the maker its up to you what you want to call it anyway.
Glad to see you producing some nice stuff josh

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Speaking as someone who lives in the land that is home to the word "Leuku", I'm genuinely interested to understand what a "Combat Leuku" is? Is it intended to be a "fighting" version? I'm not judging, just interested to know how and why you came up with the name?

my thoughts entirely.... see post No. 2 :)

( nothing bad being asked here Josh...genuine interest )

Last edited:

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i have been thinking of a tac-leuk(yes, i invented this name all by myself).
but my would have an od green coated blade, black g10 handle, drop point and a false edge.
the blade would measure 230x40x4mm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE