Leuku In The Post

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I got a parcel from a friend of mine in Norway today, incredible delivery, the customs ticket said the 23rd February on it and it arrived today on the 25th, guess the postal system does work well sometimes:rolleyes:, anyway i digress, i opened up the package there in front of me was this

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

Not quite sure what he's telling me with his choice of packing material though:p:cool:

DSCF0181.jpg

Talking with my mate out there this leuku is going to become a rehandling project, i just have to choose which log to use to get a nice handle from, im thinking English Elm or a nice bit of Cherry, perhaps a bit of both in a stacked handle, dont know at the moment.

DSCF0203.jpg

im going to keep the sheath for it, might add a few carvings or embellishments to it though.

Keep you posted on it's development

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Have to admit that I don't lke the handle, but the sheath and blade are nice. A re-handle would turn it into a thing of beauty.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers chaps, might make a start on this today, take the handle off and give the tang and blade a good clean up etc.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ok chaps, here tis, the result of a rehandle job a completed Leuku with an English Elm handle

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0738.jpg

Leuku in it's restored sheath

DSCF0759.jpg

and the pair together

DSCF0764.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys

Stunning Kepis!

Are you leaving the handle natural or you going to stain it?

ATB

I shall just leave the wood as it is all be it with the additon of some raw linseed oil and then time and use add it's own patina to the wod.

thats very nice it looksd much better
hows it feel in the hand and how to you stop the wood shrinking?

It feels great in the hand, the wood should be ok as it was seasoned Elm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE