Le Prevo.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
i dunno if that would help robbi m8....i usually seem to deal with jan and to be honest, whatever has ever happened, i cant fault her. shes not responsible for the lousy infrastructure and what seems to be lack of staff. the boss stuart is in charge and it took him a week to tell me to send the hide back. i would like to know exactly who it was that processed my order though....i guess they must be blind or presume their customers (professional leathersmiths) are 1...stupid....and/or 2...easily ripped off.

a

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I don't get a call, a discount or swap, and considering I've spent what must be a couple of thousand with them, I just get an invoice with 'out of stock' next to the items they don't have.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
not good Dougster,

i asked for a name / contact because i'm going to see if Johns contact more helpful / quicker than the "like it or lump it" bloke i spoke to on the telephone when trying to figure how the ridiculus ordering system worked.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! my 3.5mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes.....3.5mm!!!!!!!! 13 sq ft shoulder has arrived...on credit!!!!!!!....and in under 48 hours from the phone call!!!!!!!!! from the leather dealers i mentioned below. beautiful, stiff, fluff-free leather.

THANKYOU!!!! i dont want to say who they are in this thread because they may not wish to be involved but they are following this....so heres another big THANKYOU!!!!

hope to come and see you for a cuppa after the bushcraft show as we'll be very near you.

respect, regards and a great big hug!

a

ps....le prevo...please note....this hide was also much cheaper than yours!

Last edited:

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Well you successfully put me off ordering from Le Prevo anyway. It must be the most inefficient online ordering system anywhere. I wait several days for an emailed invoice, am unable to phone them back quickly because of work restrictions and get an email asking me if I still want it. I guess they can be slow but we can't.

To be fair though I find that adding VAT to post and packing costs is normal.

Going elsewhere.

Last edited:

leon-1

I have dealt with both Jez and Jan at LePrevo. Both have been courteous on the phone and I have had no problem with Customer service, with them phoning me to let me know about any changes to my order (it's an option on the order form).

The last order I placed I was informed it was going to take time and it arrived pretty much the day I was told it would. Yes it was 11 days till delivery, but they were honest and upfront about it. It just means that when ordering I will order earlier than I would normally.

I am somewhat shocked by the condition of the hides that you received though Angst, I would have had words to say as well.

Dreadhead

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! my 3.5mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes.....3.5mm!!!!!!!! 13 sq ft shoulder has arrived...on credit!!!!!!!....and in under 48 hours from the phone call!!!!!!!!! from the leather dealers i mentioned below. beautiful, stiff, fluff-free leather.

THANKYOU!!!! i dont want to say who they are in this thread because they may not wish to be involved but they are following this....so heres another big THANKYOU!!!!

hope to come and see you for a cuppa after the bushcraft show as we'll be very near you.

respect, regards and a great big hug!

a

ps....le prevo...please note....this hide was also much cheaper than yours!

glad you got yourself sorted mate. as i said i dont think leprevo realise their slow delivery time messes up with leatherworkers schedules and timelines. be good to see how your new hide compares, and cheaper than leprevo?!?! you must have a sneaky joker up your sleeve good sir!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi leon....thans for your input....yup it was sorta the straw the broke the camels back...worst possible thing at the worst possible time...normally, like a lot of you, i suffer their 'quaint system'...but enoughs enough...regards

s

I have dealt with both Jez and Jan at LePrevo. Both have been courteous on the phone and I have had no problem with Customer service, with them phoning me to let me know about any changes to my order (it's an option on the order form).

The last order I placed I was informed it was going to take time and it arrived pretty much the day I was told it would. Yes it was 11 days till delivery, but they were honest and upfront about it. It just means that when ordering I will order earlier than I would normally.

I am somewhat shocked by the condition of the hides that you received though Angst, I would have had words to say as well.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ta dready....i've got an old leatherworker friend to thank for the contact....i've dealt with them several times and even if i was to try very very hard i couldnt even make up a bad word against them....and now theyve completely outdone themselves!!!! i feel very priveleged to know the people i do...YOU'RE ALL SUPERSTARS!

and the sun is shining too!!!

a

glad you got yourself sorted mate. as i said i dont think leprevo realise their slow delivery time messes up with leatherworkers schedules and timelines. be good to see how your new hide compares, and cheaper than leprevo?!?! you must have a sneaky joker up your sleeve good sir!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I placed an order for some leather and some more press studs with another supplier I have used before, that was on the 14th May, they arrived today... And a better price as well... I know were I wil be going again....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I just went on ebay....... But will be looking into a proper supplier..... Just wanted some gear quick....

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...heres some more pics showing my new hide and comparison against the le prevo one....the bottom picture really shows the glaring difference...

le prevo...

le prevo...

new hide...

new hide at back....le prevos in front...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE