Le Prevo.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Placed an order about 15:00 via the web order service, received conformation of web order 15:34, just called and payed with debit Card, Ben then told me it could be up to 7 days for delivery, so far a better turn round then last order I placed, I wonder if the comments have been listened to..

Also , I did call this morning asking for some info about bout a few things, and can not fault the response at all, very helpful, and answered all my questions, did not rush me at all. Thank you for that Ben

Got to post good service as well as the bad bits.. so nice one so far Le Prevo..

I'll update when I receive the Items......

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
still waiting for the names of the other suppliers that folks on here are raving about......come on guys, help us out here.
Look up the thread and you will see The Identity Store and Tandy. No personal experience of any yet ... next credit card period, however ... ;-)

Peter

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Look up the thread and you will see The Identity Store and Tandy. No personal experience of any yet ... next credit card period, however ... ;-)

Peter

I have only used the identity store and found them absolutely brilliant on delivery and very helpful, they may be a little bit dearer but I know they are there with any help I need and worth the bit extra. (I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer). I am not very experienced with leather and need all the help I can get.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Peter

look up the thread and you will see a member or two who clain to have found the best supplier over and above the ones you have mentioned.........still waiting the heads up.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
hi...heres some more pics showing my new hide and comparison against the le prevo one....the bottom picture really shows the glaring difference...

le prevo...

le prevo...

new hide...

new hide at back....le prevos in front...

Wow, they really dont like you do they:lmao::lmao::lmao: , ive used Le Prevo for a number of years now and have always received courteous service & fairly quick deliveries, if something has been out of stock, they have always called me and asked if i can accept a replacement, am i happy to wait or as a last resort cancel the item.

One order i placed included a load of dyes and they sent the wrong colour for one of them, quick phone call to Jan and it was sorted with the correct stuff landing here the next day and i was told to keep the wrong stuff, in all the years ive used them, i think the number of orders where ive experienced a problem could be counted on one hand, mind you all the hides ive had from them, looked nothing like the junk one you have there Sonny, sure their web ordering system is useless, but i make allowances for it, these days i buy my hides from a local(ish) source, though as i can go and choose what i want from the warehouse.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Here is a offer to Le Provo,

If you need help technically (i.e. Website, payment processing, web hosting, order processing system, etc) I am more than willing to help.
If you want to contact me Le Provo please do so via the forum, I will do this on my own time free of charge as we need more craft businesses in the UK and you are one of the few that already exist and provide good customer service.

Chris.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....well....there you have it from the s.monster. good man.

quick update and sorry about the delay, everythings been crazy in the aftermath of the bushcraft show....

was offered a full refund which i've accepted. i've lost a lot of hours over this and had loadsa stress and dont feel anyway compensated but there ya go, its over and hopefully things can carry on new and improved....

regards

a

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
sorry guys but this aint over yet....heres the email i just sent le prevo following my order arriving 20 minutes ago....

''hi....ok we have several problems with the order that i just received....

first....you told me you were out of light brown antique finish. youve just sent me one. i had of course presumed you were sending me the mid brown one....so now i have nearly none left and need to buy one.

shortly after you emailed me concerning the out of stock finish and also the brass rectangles, i emailed you saying no problem, could you please enclose 100 1" brass d-rings instead and let me know what i owe you. i've not received the drings nor any email reply whatsoever.

also i've noticed that on the enclosed invoice youve put down 100 bronze press studs. i ordered brass....which luckily i have actually received because i'm nearly out of those too. basically this whole thing is worrying!!!

s''

please.....someone help me.....(and i've just got to add.....in the last week i've spent 400 quid on beautiful leather with two different suppliers)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I don't know, I've tried the identity store for the first time after some recommendations here and I'm a bit disappointed with the turnaround there too. i had to email them after they forgot to dispatch my order and again after they forgot to provide the tracking info. A week later and I'm still waiting on stuff, so another weekend will go by without the supplies I need.

There is definitely an opening for a well run an efficient leather supplier. Has anyone ever tried dealing with Tandy leather in the US? I'm tempted to give them a try, they can't be much slower at processing an order than the other options!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
is it a case of captive market... too many of us not enough suppliers... so they do what they want... ie if you dont like it stuff it

Dreadhead

I don't know, I've tried the identity store for the first time after some recommendations here and I'm a bit disappointed with the turnaround there too. i had to email them after they forgot to dispatch my order and again after they forgot to provide the tracking info. A week later and I'm still waiting on stuff, so another weekend will go by without the supplies I need.

There is definitely an opening for a well run an efficient leather supplier. Has anyone ever tried dealing with Tandy leather in the US? I'm tempted to give them a try, they can't be much slower at processing an order than the other options!

Tandy leather have a uk warehouse in northampton i use them every now and then when they have a sale on, last order was delivered within two days. they are expensive though if not in the sale

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks. I was looking at some stuff on their US website that was on sale. Some pretty good deals. Is there another site you need to order through if you are ordering in Europe?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE