Le Prevo.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
10 day turn round on a small leather order.........you're 'aving a laugh mate !! Ordered and paid for at 09:30 last Tuesday morning.

my enquirey.........

Good evening,

could you please update me as to when i can expect my order to be delivered.

many thanks

recieved this reply........

"Despatch today so it should be Thursday or more likely Friday

Not a timed service"

not impressed !

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Le prevo are crap. Good selection of stuff, but the ordering system has to be the worst on the internet. Also they charge you for postage BEFORE they add vat on. So you pay vat on postage too, which is bang out of order. Robbing gits. ( not allowed to use stronger language unfortunately) They act as though they are still based in Jersey, when they are in fact based in newcastle area

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Tandy.... the identity store..... ebay......:)

I get my shoulders from a supplier on ebay... i'll find a link....

Cant find it lol.... ill keep looking

Last edited:

Dreadhead

ouch thats not right. The longest i have had to wait was around 5 days and even that drove me mad especially when you have orders waiting to be finished. but i still find them the cheapest around, we just dont have that much choice in the uk. the identity store are pretty good though

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Metropolitan leather, next day but one, and I find the quality of the leather better than the stuff from LePrevo. I use four sources for my stuff now, with less and less of it from LePrevo lately.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I used to go into Le Prevo store in Newcastle very oldy worldly... The web site really isn't great either but the advantage of going into the store is the staff are really canny, that aside, not a good turn around for mail order. I still need to order some leather so if people have links to alternative suppliers I'd appreciate it.

Orric

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
wow!!!!!!!!! this is amazing!!!!!! i cannot believe after the day/month i've had that this thread has cropped up....so i'm going to wade right in...in fact i've been talking to mountain about it earlier....

i've been using le prevo a long time and as many of you know i always recommend them.

but man i've had enough...

their ordering/payment system is a farce. whenever i've placed any kind of sizeable order the chances are some of the items are out of stock. the websites never up to date. a few weeks back i ordered a 3.5-4mm shoulder which should be 12 to 16 sq ft as stated on their website. i've never yet had one from them larger than say 14. so i left what i thought would be enough money in my account to cover it. over a week and a half goes by and i get an email saying theres a problem with payment. theyd billed me for a massive 16.5 sq ft hide which caught me out. fair enough...transferred the money...sorted.

as many of you know i'm in hell preparing for the bushcraft show for the first time. this hide was to be the one i needed to get my stock of gb axe masks and mora sheaths done.....veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery important!

it turned up....its 5-6mm!!!! and soft, spongey, stretchy stuff with so much dross on the inside that i managed to fill a bank bag with leather fluff from just a strap 11 inches long and 1 inch wide. i tried to deal with it because time is such an issue....and money too as i've been shelling out massive amounts of money in prep....new gazebo 400 quid....to be at trhe show itself, hundreds....etc etc....i then broke a draper expert punch on it....then i tried a pouch and the sam browne ripped right through....the stuff soaks up gallons of dye....takes days to dry....you cant use it to welt because its so squashy that the clamps squeeze it out....then the clamps mark it....even my embossing stamps go so far in that the leather gets marked....and so on and so on.

so....i decided to complain. days went by before i actually got an email from the boss. during this time i'd sent a sample back to them. he admitted it was too thick and also dirty fluffy stuff. days more have gone by and just today he says send it back.

the decent thing to do wouldve been to send me a replacement...even on credit pending a final decision.

today i got on the phone and spoke to another dealer i know and sure enough he posted me one out on credit....knowing my situation and my trust history.

anyway....i'm livid. have just ranted this all out so i've probably omitted stuff or got in wrong order....but i'll tell you something...if this isnt sorted amicably i'll not let it drop.

ghastly customer service....especially for a regular customer. and the stress its caused me along with the time i've lost is incredible.

ok...enough. sorry for the rant.

a

ps....if i have to provide proof for the above i'll happily do so.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have to say 1st time ordering from leprevo...... It arrived ok..... But what the hell are they playing about..... How long does it take to place, pay, and recive an order....... On top of that, if you work later then 5:30, the office is closed.... You cant phone them at lunch time..... Doubt I'll place an order with them again....

I forgot to order a awl so ordered one from hong kong two days later, and it beat the leprevo order by 2days.........

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
they have always been ok with me, im lucky in that i can hand pick my hides, it makes the world of difference, as you no what you are getting.
please no pms, as this is done by a company, that do this as a favour for me, as they sell whole sale, and dont deal with the general public, or small business.
there are a few companies out there, angst mate, i have never been treated like that, by them, but if i was i would look els wear, as that is not except able at all bud.
hope you find a better solution, as a leather smith this is very important.
take care.
lee.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've never used them, when I first called the lady was quite rude, almost as if I was an inconvenience.

The identity store on the other hand look after my Dad when he needs stuff for Rotary (he makes key rings to flog for charity) and are always more than friendly. Peter the proprietor is also a Director at Claytons who are cheaper for larger orders.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Personally I have never had less than courteous and friendly service from LePrevo and I have bought several half hides from them.

Biker

At the risk of :pokenest:

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to send a link to this thread to Le Prevo to let customer services and the Boss really know what people and businesses like you leather workers run really think of their service and how much damage it is doing to any future customer base.

I haven't dealt with them, but based on what I've read here and the other options given by others, I won't be choosing them in a hurry.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Ouch mate - doesn't sound like a good situation.

Just gotta say though, I'm wondering if that thick leather would make a good stacked knife handle - really really squished down while gluing. :D I know that's not the solution and it would be a lot of knives but it did get me thinking.

wow!!!!!!!!! this is amazing!!!!!! i cannot believe after the day/month i've had that this thread has cropped up....so i'm going to wade right in...in fact i've been talking to mountain about it earlier....

i've been using le prevo a long time and as many of you know i always recommend them.

but man i've had enough...

their ordering/payment system is a farce. whenever i've placed any kind of sizeable order the chances are some of the items are out of stock. the websites never up to date. a few weeks back i ordered a 3.5-4mm shoulder which should be 12 to 16 sq ft as stated on their website. i've never yet had one from them larger than say 14. so i left what i thought would be enough money in my account to cover it. over a week and a half goes by and i get an email saying theres a problem with payment. theyd billed me for a massive 16.5 sq ft hide which caught me out. fair enough...transferred the money...sorted.

as many of you know i'm in hell preparing for the bushcraft show for the first time. this hide was to be the one i needed to get my stock of gb axe masks and mora sheaths done.....veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery important!

it turned up....its 5-6mm!!!! and soft, spongey, stretchy stuff with so much dross on the inside that i managed to fill a bank bag with leather fluff from just a strap 11 inches long and 1 inch wide. i tried to deal with it because time is such an issue....and money too as i've been shelling out massive amounts of money in prep....new gazebo 400 quid....to be at trhe show itself, hundreds....etc etc....i then broke a draper expert punch on it....then i tried a pouch and the sam browne ripped right through....the stuff soaks up gallons of dye....takes days to dry....you cant use it to welt because its so squashy that the clamps squeeze it out....then the clamps mark it....even my embossing stamps go so far in that the leather gets marked....and so on and so on.

so....i decided to complain. days went by before i actually got an email from the boss. during this time i'd sent a sample back to them. he admitted it was too thick and also dirty fluffy stuff. days more have gone by and just today he says send it back.

the decent thing to do wouldve been to send me a replacement...even on credit pending a final decision.

today i got on the phone and spoke to another dealer i know and sure enough he posted me one out on credit....knowing my situation and my trust history.

anyway....i'm livid. have just ranted this all out so i've probably omitted stuff or got in wrong order....but i'll tell you something...if this isnt sorted amicably i'll not let it drop.

ghastly customer service....especially for a regular customer. and the stress its caused me along with the time i've lost is incredible.

ok...enough. sorry for the rant.

a

ps....if i have to provide proof for the above i'll happily do so.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi biker....i just have emailed this link to them.

seriously, i like to think i'm a fair guy....and i usually just try and work round a problem....i'm honest, open etc etc.....but there comes a point.....

and thanks everyone for your comments too...hopefully something will change...

a

greensurfingbear

At the risk of :pokenest:

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to send a link to this thread to Le Prevo to let customer services and the Boss really know what people and businesses like you leather workers run really think of their service and how much damage it is doing to any future customer base.

I haven't dealt with them, but based on what I've read here and the other options given by others, I won't be choosing them in a hurry.

One of the chaps that works there is a member on here I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE