All Outdoor - Really?!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So I sold some items and set aside some money to revamp my camping. I ordered a MSR Papa Hubba from Exxposed - a shop in Germany and received my goods very quickly and was given tracking information - it was great.

I then ordered three thermarest mats from All Outdoor...

To: (My email address)

Subject: All Outdoor Ltd - Order Acknowledgement

Reply-To: "All Outdoor Ltd" <no-reply@alloutdoor.co.uk>

Date: 13 April 2015 12:00:06 BST

Dear JOE,

Thank you for your order at All Outdoor Ltd (Ref 337521).
This email is to acknowledge placement of your order.

You have ordered the following:

Product
Unit Price
Qty
Sub Total
CAS 06960 - Thermarest NeoAir Dream Inflatable Sleeping Pad (Large)​
£129.56​
3​
£388.68​

Sub Total​
£388.68​
Delivery​
£0.99​
VAT (inc)​
£64.93​
Grand Total
£389.67

Great... I bit the bullet and ordered the mats that were in stock on the website and even better, the next day I got this email:

To: (My email address)
Subject: Your order at All Outdoor Ltd has been dispatched

Reply-To: "All Outdoor Ltd" <no-reply@alloutdoor.co.uk>

Date: 14 April 2015 08:06:08 BST

Dear JOE,

We're pleased to advise that the following items have been dispatched today for order 337521:

3 x Thermarest NeoAir Dream Inflatable Sleeping Pad (Large)

Great, I'll have them for the weekend (last weekend) until they didn't arrive and I contacted them via an online form:

Sent: 17 April 2015 15:46​
Subject: Website Email: Order Tracking for alloutdoor.co.uk​
Support Request​
Name: Joseph Burge​
Order number: 337521​
Contact email: joe@lightningstorm.co.uk
Contact phone: 02088728134​
Dear All Outdoor,​
I have been checking out post room for the arrival of my mats but they have not yet arrived. I had ordered (via fruugo) a MSR Papa Hubba NX Footprint and MSR Dew Rag, both of which arrived very quickly.​
Is there any tracking number you can check to see if the mats where the mats are?​
Kind regards,​
Joseph Burge.​

And they replied via email:

From: "All Outdoor Ltd - Customer Services" <customerservice@alloutdoor.co.uk>​
To: <my email address>​
Subject: RE: Website Email: Order Tracking for alloutdoor.co.uk​
Date: 17 April 2015 15:48:37 BST​

Hi Joseph​
I am chasing a tracking number with our warehouse at the moment, I have spoken with our counterpart at Royal mail and have been told that your order is at their main depot and delivery should be on Tuesday.​
I am pushing for this weekend but it is difficult with Royal Mail.​
Hope that’s ok.

Looking forward to hearing back.​
Kind regards,​
Marc Kaye​

Chasing a tracking number? What number? My number or some other number? Oh well, it'll be here on Tuesday... no camping for this weekend (last weekend) I thought but oh well, delays happen - I replied:

Subject: Re: Website Email: Order Tracking for alloutdoor.co.uk​
Date: 17 April 2015 16:01:04 BST​
To: All Outdoor Ltd - Customer Services <customerservice@alloutdoor.co.uk>​

Dear Marc,​

Thanks you for your swift response. I did not know of a domestic service by Royal Mail that took an entire week. Is the depot local to me where I might collect the mats?​

The post room at my office is not open over the weekend and all deliveries are held until Monday anyway.​

Other than Royal Mail just holding onto it, did they give explanation why it has only made it to a depot in four days?​

Kind regards,​
Joseph.

To which they replied:

To: "'Joseph Burge'" <my email address>​
Date: 17 April 2015 16:13:59 BST​

Hi Jospeh​
I have contacted the manager of the depot and are just waiting for a call back.​
Kind Regards​
Marc @ All Outdoor Ltd​

Errr... What manager, I tried to imagine their name and what depot and where was this exotic depot... So I emailed them back today when I was previously assured it would be delivered:

Date: 21 April 2015 12:41:43 BST​

Dear Marc,​

Did you get the call back about this?​

Regards,​
Joseph.​

And their response was this:

Date: 21 April 2015 12:46:17 BST​

Hi Joe​
They have told me your order is now due for delivery on Friday, is this acceptable?​
Kind regards,​
Marc Kaye​

Hang on, the mysterious "they" have shifted the goal posts a bit again! I replied, by now very annoyed:

Date: 21 April 2015 12:58:42 BST​

Dear Marc,​

Who is they?​

Please tell me what is really going on here - Were the mats in stock as displayed on your site or are you waiting for a delivery yourself of these?​

I then followed up with this, because I'm supposed to be out camping the weekend after next and REALLY need them by then:

Date: 21 April 2015 13:35:09 BST​

Dear Marc,​

Actually, As I cannot assume the delivery date for Friday is any more accurate than the one for today, please refund my payment and cancel my order immediately.​

I was hoping to go camping last weekend which I had to cancel due to this and also on the 2nd of May which I do not want to also cancel.​

The information you are providing me does not add up.​

Joe.​

And they have now replied with this:

Date: 21 April 2015 13:59:21 BST​

Hi Joseph​
I can promise you that you will receive the order by Thursday at the absolute latest, would this be acceptable, I can e-mail you the tracking no. shortly.​
Kind regards,​
Marc Kaye​

To which I have, this very second, responded with:

Date: 21 April 2015 14:17:01 BST​

Dear Marc,​

You told me you were chasing the tracking number back on the 17th, Do you have it or not?​

Really, I have asked some direct questions - you said it was at a depot, I asked what one and you ignored it. You have mentioned tracking a number of times and have given me no such reference to verify the facts. You tell me that Today will be the delivery day, then maybe last weekend, then Friday and now Thursday.​

What happened?​

Now, I know I am being messed around and I have opened a PayPal dispute but...

Firstly, has anyone else had problems with All Outdoor?
Secondly, Opinions on proceeding with PayPal claim or waiting until Thursday - I'm undecided, what would you do?
Lastly, AAAAAARGH!!!!!

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
stuff 'em they lied, open a Pay Pal dispute anyway. If they do arrive in time you could then negotiate a discount from the store. if they do the right thing cancel the resolution, thanks for the heads up Joe. :)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2015
Durham
You got more patience than me Joe.......that is Diabolical service. I hope you get everything sorted and a refund or your mats and a £50 gift voucher or something.....

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
I've used them 4 times and they've always been good. Emailed several times to ask if they can order in products from brands they stock but don't usually carry and they've always got back to me too.
Sorry, only used paypal a couple of times.

Maybe it was a one off. But it wasn't handled very well on their end. I'd be ****** off too.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Procede with it., i've heard of things like this before from companies, something to do withinternet shopping. Definatley no stock but they'll take the order and hold you to ransom. I would demand the cash back or declare them lost in the post and see if they can courier you 3 by next day delivery, if they can't they are lying, so claim compo anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE