Large knife: Brusletto Villmann?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 28, 2020
Sweden
Hi everyone! I'm interested in buying a rather large knife (Brusletto Villmann).. I actually own the smaller version of this knife (Villgutten) which I really like, however, there seems to be varied opinions of the usefulness of these types of knives in the northern hemisphere, has anyone had any experience with it? I own a Gränsfors hatchet but I thought I could change it up when the hatchet isn't a necessity since the knife would be less heavy.

Brusletto Villmann: https://www.brusletto.no/no/produkter/kniver/villmann

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I used a similar classic knife made by Marttiini for years. Works well once you learn the technique. This knife has a better handle that the Finnish one. I had to sand down the surface of it, it was too slippery.
Please let us know how you get on!

Where in Svedala do you live?

Reactions: simonmikael
Jan 28, 2020
Sweden
I used a similar classic knife made by Marttiini for years. Works well once you learn the technique. This knife has a better handle that the Finnish one. I had to sand down the surface of it, it was too slippery.
Please let us know how you get on!

Where in Svedala do you live?
nice! This handle is really comfortable to me fortunately.
I just moved back to Stockholm from Umeå, so a bit harder to find good spots.. have you lived in Sweden?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yes. For 35 years, until I moved to seek the green grass on the other side of the fence!

There are some nice areas west of the motorway just outside Tumba. Around the lake Bornsjon, and on the promotory North West of it, jutting out into Malaren.
North East of the Stockholms Centrum, Vaxholm and Varmdo have some nice areas.

If you have a car, of course then you have no problems.

I spent lots of time around Bornsjon, as I lived in Uttran outside Tumba for some years. Be aware of that the lake is protected. I think it still is.
Water is fully drinkable, and lots and lots of fish.
Which you are not supposed to catch....

There is a Fornborg there also, on the part that sticks out into Bornsjon from the East. A hidden gem.

Umea is nice, no doubt nicer than when I lived there. I studiet in Kavalleriets Officers skola, now long gone. I was an officer in K4 in Arvidsjaur.
Loved it up there!

BTW, the name of the knife means Wild Man. They have a shorter version called a Wild Boy I believe.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020
Northern Sweden
There are alot of nice areas between Stockholm and Uppsala. I lived there for work a couple of years and I made do with what I had. Also around Bromma there are some nice areas, Google Maps is great for finding spots. Nynäshamn area is great also.

In many ways Stockholm is acctually BETTER than Norrland. Here, you have people EVERYWHERE. You find a nice spot, it takes hours to hike there, you climb up a mountain, through the snow, and when you sit down, theres nine people who comes running by. People zig-zag the woods up here in a way you dont see down south. Its nice they get out to enjoy nature, but I like being alone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE