kit queens

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Not necessarily bushcrafty but my favourite new bit of kit is this...

bike7.JPG

accompanied with my Hennessay Hammock, jet boil, snug pak doss bag,cook set and a few boil in the bags I shall be off and out at the weekends in the very near future. :D

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
My recently purchased Paramo Jacket...it the first jacket that keeps me dry, some of the other Goretex and Hy-vent type jackets just couldn't get the moisture away.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
I'll go for two, three if you count the alcohol.

Antartica RE sleeping bag (with expanda pannel).

Cause it's big enough even for me, and it's nice and toasty.

Also a bucket barbeque I bought from the co-op for £10. Not overly portable or lightweight but the thing burns like a mini furnace and a smallish bag of charcoal will last all night. I tend to solo camp so having a nice warm fire to cook, warm myself on, stare at, stand beside or talk to if it's cold tends to keep me and my long time partner Stella Artois company. It doesn't scorch the earth so like the fact it doesn't do damage.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
OOOh now yer askin'.....
I love my hammock....Kumfy as can be and toasty warm...I'd sleep in it all the time if I could.
I like my cast iron griddle, always gets a hammering and always full of tasty stuff
And my crusader mug is like an old friend...Goes everywhere and is usually full of allsorts :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Also a bucket barbeque I bought from the co-op for £10. Not overly portable or lightweight but the thing burns like a mini furnace and a smallish bag of charcoal will last all night. I tend to solo camp so having a nice warm fire to cook, warm myself on, stare at, stand beside or talk to if it's cold tends to keep me and my long time partner Stella Artois company. It doesn't scorch the earth so like the fact it doesn't do damage.

I knew I should have picked one of those up :banghead:

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
My series 3 landrover :- it gets me ,family friends and kit to the places or starting points for adventures that few other vehicles could.And when it doesnt work---i can fix it without a fully equipped workshop.

Also my coleman bivi - a very small "room" for the night weighing less than a kilo for when i am on foot.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
my favourite piece of kit - got to be my steven wade cox (swc knives) bushcraft knife in spalted elm burr handle with leave file work on the tang spine with matching firesteel, boy i was excited when i first saw this, just knew it was quality and would last a lifetime.

2nd favourite, is my defender 110, i just love coming outside and looking around and knowing nothing else looks just like it.....

3rd favourite, my liibrary that i am currently trying to build up ( full of reference books on all things bushcraft, nature, plants, herbs, wild food and medicines, animals, birds and tracking ect ect ect.......)

i wil have to stop now or i will end up listing my entire contents of my loft.....

colin...

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
My 'Jetboil', a 'bike bottle' water filter and my 99p white enamel mug.
Add the makings of a good brew and I have instant 'civilization'.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
My fave bit of kit at the minute is my new Maxpedition Sitka gearslinger pack. Pricey but probably the best bushcraft bag around I think. I just love it.
Also still very much in love with my GB small forest axe and my home made hobo stove.

Javapuntnl

Need to contact Admin...
May 2, 2009
Mansfield MA USA
My Enzo Trapper (with secondary bevel) and probably not entirely bushcraft but an extension atleast; my Japanese Water Stones, I just love to get a good edge on my knives, you should see my left arm, not a hair in sight...

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I do not have much kit, but my favourite so far is the Trangia Army Stove. Seems to be such a great little bit of kit. simple to use and does what I need it too :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
At the minute, my Swedish Army shirts that I bought for a pound a piece! :D Unfortunately for some (but not me!) they are only available in ultra skinny bloke sizes! I reckon they'd fit you though Drew, go to Springfields on your way down to the Midlands and you'll find them in a basket as you go in to the shop. They are two button cotton grandad shirts with long sleeves that button at the wrist. The shirt hangs way past the groin so when tucked in will not ride out of your trousers and leave your back cold. They come in regulation bushcraft green, so you'll start looking like the Green Goddess but they are more than worth the pound per shirt! The missus wasn't happy though, as they are absolutely brand new and unissued so first wash and te dye ran into her tea towels turning them all green!

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
OK, I'm revising my choices: here are my two favourite bushcraft items, a 1954 Land Rover and a 2009 Chocolate Labrador. Being out and about's just so much better with these two for company... :cool:

3877668355_09a48ccd4f.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE