kit queens

V4V

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Yorkshire
www.r4nger5.com
My 'other arms' bergen. It's light actually waterproof, cheap and comfortable for hiking with all my increasing number of 'essentials' for wild camping.

and my GB small forest axe, F1 knife, swedish trangia.....well, everything in my pack actually :D

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
Without a doubt my Swiss Army volcano stove. Used it in anger for the first time this weekend on a 3 day climbing expedition, warmed my rat packs up nicely and is very efficient with fuel due to the design. Anyone got any recommendations on fuel? Tried Greenheat and these work well but Hexi tabs seem to work better but smell real bad! Any help appreciated :)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Without a doubt my Swiss Army volcano stove. Used it in anger for the first time this weekend on a 3 day climbing expedition, warmed my rat packs up nicely and is very efficient with fuel due to the design. Anyone got any recommendations on fuel? Tried Greenheat and these work well but Hexi tabs seem to work better but smell real bad! Any help appreciated :)

Supermarket firelighter blocks.

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
Has to be my honey stove - no doubt about that - always makes me very happy when I set it up, and I've never looked at "air-dried" twigs caught in the branches of trees in the same way since getting one in the group buy!!!

honeylew.JPG

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Whatever stove I pick from my collection to take on the trip in hand. This week that would be a 1933 Primus 221, full working order, so much more 'soul' than a Honey stove;)

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
For some reason it took me awhile to think of this, but when I did I wondered why it took me so long to think of...
My Duluth Trading Company Bamboo Knife. I never go into the woods without it. It chops wood all day and then has an edge to slice food in the evening, and I've never had to sharpen it since the day I took it out of the box!
SheathIdeas008.jpg

Oh, and my Mora Craftsman and whatever SAK I'm carrying that day.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com

why don't you tri trioxane (geddit?....lol)

seriously, these are like rocket fuel and work like a dream in my Swiss Army Volcano

you just need to make sure that you break them up first so that they fit in the stove properly

ATB

Sean:nutkick:

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
- My Hennessy Hammock explorer + Snugpak underblanket + Lafuma sleeping bag. At times it's more comfortable then my own bed!! (that's why I'm up now - see posting time)

- Ripoff Hongkong Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack

- Petzl Tikka XP headlight. Expensive but you forget what it has cost you after a very short time, al-ways handy.

A couple for starters then ....
IDW Underblanket - winter camping is now so toasty :)
Kelly Kettle - does what it says on the tin

Never heard of the IDW Underblanket, got any more info on it?

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack : perfect for running around Jasper on quick hikes.
Skukkum knife in 3v : always found in the side sleave of the Versipak
lone wolf Hersey T1 lock back knife with the Rosewood handle scales .... dead sexy!
All my stoves, kettles, Rifles, fishing rods....etc etc etc..
Hey you asked!:)
Whoops Forgot.. I made a kitchen utensil roll out of an old gym bag 15 yrs ago. Still going strong. Cheaper ( Like free! ) then the Duluth canvas Ute Roll $30 usd!

Adamm

Feb 27, 2005
Burderop, Wilts
DD camping hammock - a week on the appalachian trail.
Duo tarp - as above.
Rob Evans bushcraft knife - unique, has soul, needs love, ever reliable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE