Kit list generator

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

Walkabout

This is great Squidders. Apart from anything else it gives me a chance to get all my kit out and play with it! :super:

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
OK, I'm being a complete muppet probably but I can't open this file.
I've downloaded it to "My documents," I have MS Access on my PC but when I try to open it, i get the following message;
accesscopy.jpg

Any ideas why this is?

Cheers,

Martin

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Only two problems so far, not too bad considering my usual shoddy work ;)

Looks like you are trying to open it directly from the website and not saving directly to your machine. You should right click on the link in this thread and select "Save As...".

Once it's on your machine (anywhere will do) it should open ok.

The other problem some people have had is a security one, you'll maybe need to check that the file isn't read only under the file properties.

As a side note, you'll need to enable macros for this .mdb file for it to work.

I hope this is relevant to the problems you have.

Cheers

Joe

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
problem solved :eek:): Cheers Joe :You_Rock_

It was the security issue that caused it. I checked the files property tab and it wasn't ticked as read only but there was a line that said "This file is blocked because it came from a different computer" with a great big "Unblock" button next to it. I clicked the button, et voila, I can open the file. :biggthump

By the way, it looks great!! I'm going to have a little play around with it now.

Cheers for all of your suggestions,

Martin

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I can't open it and get a message stating "unrecognised database format". Could this be because I'm using Office97 rather than XP?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
looks like it's not backwards compatible as far as '97...

I should be able save as a copy that will be though. I'll try and get it done tonight after climbing and upload it.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Thanks but don't worry too much....it's about time I upgraded anyway....just keep diverting spare cash to kit etc instead !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE