Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
nickg said:
Okay Mike this is personal.

you KNOW we're flintknapping that day.

:-(

Nick

( I know where you live you know!!!)

There were 7 of us at Littlehall & no body remembered that :togo: :11doh:

Nick beware of the cat
See you 1st Aid course :sulkoff:

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
Does anybody know what happened to Jed? He just sort of dissapeared on Sunday! :eek:

Are you out there mate we wondered if you were allright?:confused:

Anyway I should be able to make the meet on the 1st Oct and I'll see if I can bring some nice wood with me again for carving projects (any requests for something specific well in advance please).

Did anybody take any photos of the frame we built so that the others can see and marvel at the veritable loghenge that has been created.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Laurence Dell said:
Does anybody know what happened to Jed? He just sort of dissapeared on Sunday! :eek:

Are you out there mate we wondered if you were allright?:confused:

Anyway I should be able to make the meet on the 1st Oct and I'll see if I can bring some nice wood with me again for carving projects (any requests for something specific well in advance please).

Did anybody take any photos of the frame we built so that the others can see and marvel at the veritable loghenge that has been created.

Dunno, I didnt but with a few more logs we could turn it into a longhouse!! :D :D :D

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Mad Mike said:
There were 7 of us at Littlehall & no body remembered that :togo: :11doh:

Nick beware of the cat
See you 1st Aid course :sulkoff:

Hmmmm Cat Eh?

Nasty
icon10.gif

OK I'll ambush you at the First aid course instead
(nothing like a bit of hands on experience I say)

Have a good day anyway

Nick

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Mad Mike said:
Next Meet at Littlehall set for Sunday 1st Oct

Day time only this time.
More good food & brews around the fire. Maybe further addtions to the shelter frame.
Anything people want to do ?
Where is Little Hall? I am out and about that weekend but might be able to drop in and say hello.

Edit > Don't worry I have just found it near Canterbury, which is a pain I am going to be in the Maidstone / Tunbridge Wells / Bewl area. :(

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Speaking with wayne from forest knights today at the Wilderness Gathering. Tentatively suggested that we (Kent meet whoever) took on they (Forest Knights) at roving archery one weekend. They would supply targets etc set-up one saturday eve overnight on site and soot the course on sunday. probably 6 a side (ish).

What do you think chaps, are we enough to field a team? when I mentioned shooting before Libby seemed to be ok with targets (the knights have loads of 3d foam animal targets purpose made).

Comments??

Nick

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
I'd be up for that, sounds like fun :)

I don't have a bow though :( but if I can borrow one of yours Bardster I'll sort you out some nice bowl blanks if you like. (name your choice of wood, we have quite a selection at the mo).

I'm hopeing to get some rabbit for the next meet by the way, a friend has asked me to asassinate some that are munching his prize plants.:AR15firin

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Hmmm, could be a case of divided loyalties with me and the co-pilot

We like Wayne .... and if he brings in a couple of ringers (hi, Rob and Mel) we could be in trouble

Count me in ..... that is, of course, if Mad Mike isn't arranging the date or no doubt I'll be elsewhere as usual

I have got a spare bow or two if someone wants to try a horse bow (you know the ones. Like Robin Hood uses in the new historically accurate BBC series)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Great One more and maybe a reserve and we have a team.
Well be seeing wayne in two weeks on the first aid course Bardster Mike and I so well tie the planning up a little tighter then.

Nick

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
I'll have a go if someone will risk lending me a bow

I'll let some else pick a date when there is nothing else on at all
& nobody is working :lmao:

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Isn't a compound somewhere they keep prisoners? Like Steve McQueen in the Great Escape?

Can't figure out how much it would weigh though :confused: I'll watch the DVD again :dunno:

Can we pick teams like we used to for British Bulldog? Can we? Can we? :red:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Hang on hang on
Compounds ????
I think we should consider Longbows only
Kinda level the playing field and keep it bushcrafty at the same time
Eh??

Nick

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I've seen the co-pilot shoot so I want to be on her side

Wayne, you are too kind. It must have been one of those lucky shots

Longbows?
Are they those straight sticks that break into lots of little pieces? :lmao:

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
2blackcat said:
I've seen the co-pilot shoot so I want to be on her side

Wayne, you are too kind. It must have been one of those lucky shots

Longbows?
Are they those straight sticks that break into lots of little pieces? :lmao:

Perhaps not just long bows - but definately keep it to "primitive" pattern bows, that will allow the flat bows and horse bows to play too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE