Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Lawrence if you have any nice fruitwood like that apple you brought along last time id like to swipe some for bowl turning on my lathe at home - to accompany my new spoon.

I also plan to bring along some fish to try out rays filletting & cooking method. Possibly even a small chicken - does anyone know how to spatchcock one ?

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I can do most things with chicken as Im a butcher I have spatcocked a couple recently (my own version that is) and it was quite successful if I can help with any meat preperation I would be pleased to help.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
yep I only missed the last one as summit came up at the last minute i will bring a couple of chickens and we can play about with them. I would like to try the fish "Ray style " would mackeral be a cheap source to learn on?

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I lose access to the internet tommorrow for a good few months so this is my last chance to catch up on the meets.

Is everything still going ahead?
If so I'll see you guys there, Little Hall Pinetum on the 21st at 9.30.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
bloodline said:
yep I only missed the last one as summit came up at the last minute i will bring a couple of chickens and we can play about with them. I would like to try the fish "Ray style " would mackeral be a cheap source to learn on?

Not sure but its worth a try - I hope to bring a trout with me as i know they fillet fairly easily.
With fish, chicken and mikes bannocks we're gonna eat like bloody kings. - Bet it rains!

Mike you still bringing me some chestnut flour?

Cheers Nick

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
nickg said:
Not sure but its worth a try - I hope to bring a trout with me as i know they fillet fairly easily.
With fish, chicken and mikes bannocks we're gonna eat like bloody kings. - Bet it rains!

Mike you still bringing me some chestnut flour?

Cheers Nick

Yes saved you a bag of chestnut flour & bringing mine as well. Anyone for Pancakes ?

As for rain ? Last 2 Kent meet day we had SNOW :umbrella:

As for kids I have no objections Parental responsibility of course
there will be scary sharp things & fire around , along with the woods holes ditches & deep enough water - Hey just like I grew up with :eek:

However PM nathe to check it's not my land....

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
pibbleb said:
I'd like to come with my two kids but I can't commit for sure at the mo, as I'm on Jury Service and I'm unsure when it will finish.

Pib
No problem mate let us know when / if you find out no pressure from here only welcomes

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Just to let you know, Ruth & I won't be able to make it after all :( Ruth's Father has been taken ill and I need to take Ruth to see him in hospital in Dartford.

I hope you all have a good time, I'll be thinking of you...

Next time...

Hellz

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Great day out boys - the rain didnt even matter - and seriously good scoff

Pics are here

Shelter building next time - ill try to upload some sketches soon

Cheers

Nick

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I can see them ok

Sorry we couldn't make it this time

Was it only the four of you?
That is a serious amount of food. It's given me a couple of ideas for things to try
Hoping to make the next one

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Sorry about this but due to my complete inability to figure out how to post pics directly onto the thread its the best i can do.

Chopper ; The only thing I can suggest is give it a lot of time, it seems to say done and nothing happens then they suddenly all come on to the screen.

Better still come along and se us in 3D.

2blackcat ; No there were seven but some of them kept moving (paranoid I guess)

Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Folks

I have just discovered that Jon Lord does a one on one flint knapping day for £100. Thats a bit pricey for me but he does say that you can bring three friends along. Thats £25 each and good value IMHO. Anybody up for a menage a quarte Prehistoric style. Maybe late august as im pretty full for the next 8 weeks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE