Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Confirmed so far
3Please
Switch
2Flower
Bardster
Weekend Warrior
Dano

List is full unless there are dropouts.
I shall post final meetup times etc early next week when all is finalised.
I now own a big cast iron pot for a game stew if thats what we want. Ill bring veggies etc and well decide on specifics of cuisine on the day.

Cheers
Nick

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
Sorry Nick,

I just got to the bottom of the thread, I was looking at the 20th which I have clear,

unfortunately I will already be roughing it in the woods on the 13th, well not actually woods more jungle, following a weeks business trip I will be fishing on the Cauvery river in India staying in a tented lodge,

having been to Bangalore before believe me when I say I would rather be in Kent tucked up in front of a camp fire,

Sorry if I have caused you any inconvenience

Dano

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
I've got a cast iron dutch oven I'll bring and tripod for it too. Need anything else?

Nick, if you could post (or PM) me the location details and meet time I'd be grateful - looking like I might be away now till Friday night and I'd like to plan (a little..) :)

Looking forward to seeing you all. I found another bottle of sloe vodka... :eek:

Rich.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Just to say thanks to everyone for a really interesting and laid back weekend - I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Well be back there soon

Cheers
Nick

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
For those of you who didnt get enough outdoors on the game prep weekend Little hall is booked for Sat 20th Snake Switch and myself so far. (any photos of the game prep Nick?)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Nick,

Many many apologies for missing the game prep weekend. I've pm'd you to offer a full explanation which I won't bore everyone with here.

I had every intention of turning up, as I'm sure Twoflower will verify, but things got a little bad for me that morning.

I hope I didn't mess things up for the weekend. I'm sure I didn't but if I did then I'm very, very $orry.
:eek:

If you do another one then I'll be up for it and I'll make sure I make it this time.

-Switch-

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
For those that couldnt make it photo 19 was of one of the squirrels that tony got for us - shot with that nut still in its mouth. 40-43 was an attempt to cook eggs in the shell a la ray mears. He took 40 minutes for a big egg, our were perfect at 8 minutes in the embers. The stews were really good and so were the views on sunday morning.

Well be back

Cheers
Nick

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Nice relaxing weekend, thanks for organising Nick. I'll definatly be up for the next one (soon I hope).

Bloodline, I might be down this weekend .. depends on the mystical alignment of train times and fares.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Mike, I was thinking of leaving mid pm as I have got an early start Monday but if you come I will stay as long as poss. I just hope we dont freeze 2death Sat night I will take to the ground if the cooler weather has scared the ants off. I did ring yesterday not sure what shift you are on so dont want to wake you up:) try and get there I wanna split a decent log to make a cutting/chopping board.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Mike, I was thinking of leaving mid pm as I have got an early start Monday but if you come I will stay as long as poss. I just hope we dont freeze 2death Sat night I will take to the ground if the cooler weather has scared the ants off. I did ring yesterday not sure what shift you are on so dont want to wake you up:) try and get there I wanna split a decent log to make a cutting/chopping board.

If ever you want some wood / logs to play with let me know, I have loads I keep for our log burner, and as you are local I could drop it off for you.:)

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Anyone interested there is a course on sat in ashford - £25 a head and will cover hunter/gatherer stuff - fungas foray, game prep, fire lighting and cooking, hedgerow harvest and bow and atlatls. Looks really good and I shall be there

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have been working on a chap who I have know for a long time who owns approximatly 50 acres of broadleaf woodland Nr Rochester. With car parking.

He is showing signs of interest in allowing bushcrafters on for weekends and overnighters.

To try and bring this to a happy conclusion I really need to try and establish if there is any interest and what sort of numbers and frequency it would be used. So, if there is any interest please let me know.

I do think that he would be looking for a small payment per person for its use.:)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Chopper, I might be interested in that. Let us know if you manage to get anything organised and I'm sure I'd be able to pop over to check the place out.

By the way, it looks like I'm back online permanently now guys. Thanks to those that kept me informed on the goings on during my absence.

Now what's going on with the next Little Hall meet? :D

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Just a heads up Kentish Men and Men of Kent. I have a brace of pheasants up for grabs (free of course) shot two days ago PM or phone if you wanna come and get them. Kent Meet guys only please as I dont want people off the internet calling at my pad. No offence but Im sure you understand.:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE