Jetboil or pocket rocket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I fancy a change from hexi while out fishing, though I know this will bypass the ritual of the brew up, I fancy the quicker brew times. Any opinions on whether the jetboil route is best, and have the whole unit fit an ammo pouch, or go pocket rocket and use different pans?
cheers in advance if anyone has advice.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I've just bought the micro-rocket for walking and apart from the noise level, it's a good unit.
I still think the GoOutdoors titanium one is better and cheaper!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I use a jetboil when out fishing. Brill for brews and BITB and also got one of the pot stands so i can put a normal pan on too.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I was undecided for ages but I have come over to the light, Jet boil every time, quick, convenient, compact and a complete light package. I use mine all the time now

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
Jet boil, swear by it. Primus make a similar one and if you subscribe to trail mag for £46 you get one worth £80 free

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I wouldn't buy anything from Jetboil again.
IMAG0264.jpg

Basically there offer absolutely no customer service if your outside the US.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Don't know much about jetboil, but looks cumbersome, and a bit like a wrapped straight /leaning tower of Pisa, so the noisy pocket rocket for me, but what do i know , i carried the pocket rocket around in my pack for a year! Before an impromptu beach meet with a sexy lady who demanded coffee in the morning made me use it !

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Cheers so far guys, my ex-army mate swears by the jetboil and says out of all kit hes had he regrets selling that on the most. I love the pack size of the pocket rocket, but then there the gas as well and then the pans. The jetboil looks the mutts but, the stability is my only issue. Is it stable enough? It looks very tall compared to how much is n contact with the ground.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Don't know much about jetboil, but looks cumbersome, and a bit like a wrapped straight /leaning tower of Pisa, so the noisy pocket rocket for me, but what do i know , i carried the pocket rocket around in my pack for a year! Before an impromptu beach meet with a sexy lady who demanded coffee in the morning made me use it !
That should be on their half page adverts!

Sep 27, 2012
Surrey
looks very tall compared to how much is n contact with the ground.

The version I got had the stabiliser and pot stand already included. It all fits inside the pot very neatly with no rattling. I would feel a bit uneasy using it without the stabiliser on a 100g cartridge.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
The version I got had the stabiliser and pot stand already included. It all fits inside the pot very neatly with no rattling. I would feel a bit uneasy using it without the stabiliser on a 100g cartridge.
Thanks for that, I did wonder about a stabiliser.

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Just found a stabiliser and pot stand for under fifteen quid and go outdoors got the jet boil for £50, seems alright! Pocket rocket is a lot cheaper mind.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I find a BITB needs to be folded in half but warms really quickly plus the water is also good for a brew.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another Jetboil vote here, I get 11L of boiling water from a single 100g Primus gas cart with my Sol ti. For a long distance trek they can't really be beaten, not much good far anything other than boiling water though, great for freezer bag meals and brews.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE