Jerky at home

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
I've found out that im absolutely in love with Beef jerky, BUT, i have to buy it from asds :(

so, i thought id have a do at making some, can i make it at home using everyday things?

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
I've found out that im absolutely in love with Beef jerky, BUT, i have to buy it from asds :(

so, i thought id have a do at making some, can i make it at home using everyday things?

Yep jerky is addictive !

There are a couple of good tutorials on the subject in the "Articles" section, It can be made with a regular oven (which I failed miserably at doing good... the minimum temp on mine is too high for the required process !).

Cheers,

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Once you have made it, store it carefully. Most people recommend a cloth bag or something similar.

I made my first batch a few weeks ago and stored it wrapped in greaseproof paper in a plastic bag. Within a week it had gone mouldy and I had to throw it away. I was very disappointed at the waste of money and time - well, not totally a waste - I learned that I have to store it more carefully.

HTH

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE