It's mine I tell you, MINE!!!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This posting is log overdue and I sincerely apologise to Mark (Hill Bill) for this oversight

I won't go into the details of this as it's rather personal, but I came into possession of one of Mark's lovely knives last year. He asked me what I would like and I gave him my specifications and pretty soon I was the very happy owner of a Bushie "clone". I think I could have asked for a different desgn but went for this option based upon the fact that a lot of you experts here find them so versatile.

It arrived and like a kid discovering puberty I just couldn't leave it alone. I even sat watching TV one evening slicing up an empty tube of smarties to see how fine I could get the cuts. (Lost count at 14,712)

This knife just sits in the hand and feels right at home there, It came sharp out of the bubble wrap and in a really well made dangle type sheath too (is there no end to this man's talents?!)

I haven't put this knife to much actual usage in the woods but what I have done with it while out on day trips and the spot of whittling while out on dog walks it has performed VERY well. I recently gave it a stropping, not that it needed it, but it was an excuse just to handle it again and feel as though I'm giving it some attention.

Really love this knife. I plan on being buried with it so that Time Team can rave about the rare find having discovered a quality "Hill Bill" knife.

Thanks Mark it's a beauty.

Walnut scales with brass pins. You'll have to tap him up for more specs about it. I'm just the lucky owner of it. I still get a stupid grin on my face just by handling it.

Like the thread title says. She's MINE!

Hill-Bill-knife1.jpg

Hill-Bill-knife2.jpg

Hill-Bill-knife3.jpg

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
What a horrible Knife and it looks far to small in your hand !!:p I think that you should get rid of it right away !!

Post it to me and i will have it destroyed so you don't have to look at it any more ! :eek:

Craig.........

Biker

What a horrible Knife and it looks far to small in your hand !!:p I think that you should get rid of it right away !!

Post it to me and i will have it destroyed so you don't have to look at it any more ! :eek:

Craig.........

If you find where I am buried, bring a shovel and a crow bar and it's allll yours. But I don't plan on popping my cloggs anytime soon. :lmao:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Looks lovely biker, iv got on one of Marks knives and its great. Same as yours but with yew handle! Its probably my most used user atm, it always seems to be the first one out the box.. :)

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Oh well it was worth a try ! :lmao:

That is a cracking wee Knife and i love the walnut scales , and it looks just the right size for my hand .:)

Craig..........

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
As you say biker that you are the proud owner of a hillbill, I myself am the proud owner of an R.J.Evans bushy and all the feelings you have for your knife I have for mine its just nice to put it in your hand. There are some real Artisans on this site.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I had the pleasure of spending a day with Mark whilst he made two blades for me. He loves his work and just seems to know when something is right or wrong. His knives are ridiculously sharp straight off the belt, then he strops then even sharper.

My only critisism is the coarse belt finish, i would prefer it on a much finer belt. Sorry Mark just my prefrence.

Oh and his prices for a custom knife, in my opinion best value around.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You mean the little micro serations thing along the bevel ?
I used to wonder about that, but tbh, my MH knife stays sharper longer, and still cuts cleaner, than any of the others I have of that size, so I reckoned it was a good thing :D

Beautiful knife Aaron :D....."Obvious status symbol grave find, perhaps indicative of someone in a postition of respect, and potentially a ritually significant example of the cultural mores of the individual's social group.".........howzzat ? :D

M

Biker

Beautiful knife Aaron :D....."Obvious status symbol grave find, perhaps indicative of someone in a postition of respect, and potentially a ritually significant example of the cultural mores of the individual's social group.".........howzzat ? :DM

Nice one Mary. How about this one:-

"After painstaking reconstruction we've come to the conclusion this man was probably a victim of a jealous bushcrafter, who, having found him in bed with his wife, killed him with said quality knife and rather than face the damning forensic evidence buried the knife along with the corpse in the woods."

Has a better ring to it especially in to ego region. LOL!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
......yea but it jiggers up the digging when archaeologists find a murder victim :sigh: everything stops until the polis say it's okay.

:D

M

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
No i agree on the cutting edge. I would prefer a finer finish on the flat side of the blade. The bevel and secondery are great and stay seriously sharp. Just been in the garage shaping the handle for the last one he did me.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
I'm speechless (and for me that's a big thing)
Is there no end to Marks talents? I actually makes me wonder why I bought an Enzo last night...
Maybe I'll have both someday!:D
Once again, stunning work Mark. You just keep raising the bar, don't ya?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks for all the comments folks :)

Aaron, i'm glad your happy with it mate. Thanks for posting this up, its good to read of a happy recipient :)

Though, if i may say, it isn't a bushy "clone". That term refers to a copy of another knife such as a woodlore. This is my design, i came up with this design for Durulz damascus version of it. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE