TBS Badger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well my tbs Badger pen knife in Walnut arrived this morning and well it's a keeper.
I asked afew days ago about how to look after a wooden handled knife and with all the info and tips I received I decided for the walnut.
I've added accouple of pic's just for a comparison with the TBS BOAR III ''Scandi''.
1708008401350.jpeg
1708008421109.jpeg

After contacting the bushcraft store and asking for the Handle thickness's of the knife handle choices I found out that the Micarta is 12mm then the Curly Birch and the fattest was the Walnut.
On first impressions of the look is that of a older gently mens pocket knife and I like it, But wow there's a big difference in the Handle from the Boar it's more user friendly shape and thickness.
If they had the the Badger Blade with the Boar handle I'd swap in a heart beat.
And remember thats my idea.
Anyway hope this is helpful. And I'll do a follow up when I've gave it some use.
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: nigelp and Kepis

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice, does the Badger have the facility to tighten the screw as you can do on the boar should the blade develop a wee wobble, or is it just a solid brass pin?

Enjoy using it.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I kind of wish you could dismantle the badger because mine was pretty gritty out the box and would have benefitted from having the locking mechanism polished. That said, it's broken in okay now. I do like the steel for its ease of sharpening and stainlessness.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I think that the Badger is going to be a better EDC knife, the Boar is lovely but I brought the Scandi version which is really for wood and it doesn't make a good EDC blade but that's my bad as I should of sent it straight back and brought the the Hollow ground.
Also the Badger has a thinner blade so slicing and general daily cutting tasks is going to be a lot easier, also the Badgers point is more suitable for piecing.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Glass-Wood-Steel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE