It Floats!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Thanks for all the positive comments, folks.

demographic - yes, it's stitch and glue.

ozzy1977 - I did the course with ORCA in the Lake District: http://www.orcadventures.co.uk Very intense but a great course.

Hopefully get out agin soon and then I'll get some more pics. I do have "step by step" pics of the build that I might post if anyone is interested.

It's does feel good to be paddling along in something that started life like this!:

p3hw.jpg

Good stuff, got a mate who made a stitch and glue canoe, what plans did you use?

Falcn

Mar 1, 2013
Dinnington
Very nice build indeed.
Be warned canoe building is addictive, My first was a stitch and glue 'Jemcraft Stalker Squareback', made really for fishing. I made it as a photography platform but got the bug and ended up 18 months later building a cedar strip Chestnut Bobs Special.

You have been warned :rolleyes:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Beautiful work. Can I ask whereabouts you launched on the Gloucester-sharpness as it not to far from me at all.

We launched it at Purton - there is a launching pontoon at the car park. We paddled up to just beyond where the Cam enters the canal (just beyond Patch Bridge) and back - about 2hrs at a gentle pace and a bit of playing about to see how it manoeuvred.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE