PSK Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 9, 2023
Norfolk
Having a good trawl through previous threads, I came across the PSK discussion which reminded me of the following. So…pull up a sandbag and read on….

For twenty plus years after leaving the forces I was a fraud/loss prevention investigator. I wore a suit and shirt and tie everyday and drove the length and breadth of the UK. I soon saw the value of gathering road kill that I had personally seen being killed for our consumption at home….

I soon put together in the boot of my company car:

A surgical clean up kit (with full length apron)
A pack of black bin bags
A box of surgical gloves
A roll of gorilla tape
A roll of masking tape
A gutting knife
A filleting knife
A hacksaw

All of this was kept in a large hockey bag and came in useful on many occasions.
One day in the early 2000’s I had a car accident just outside Barnsley which required my car being recovered, traffic police attending and a hire car to get home to Leicestershire where I lived at the time….

A couple of days later I was ‘invited’ to attend a police interview which I thought was odd, but I went anyway….

…..it was only when I was asked about my boot contents that I realised this wasn’t about the accident.

Apparently, the car repair company had rummaged through my boot and reported a ‘murder kit’ to the police!

It took a LONG time (three interviews and checks on my whereabouts) before it all went away…..

Since then I no longer carry my ‘murder kit’ with me

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I had a little bit similar experience, on two occasions. Living on a farm, and pretty much one of the hand full of people living in the area, I often had axes, bow saws, bolt cutters and a chainsaw, again with bin bags, tape, cable ties and chain.....and the suspect change of clothes, shoes, soap, water and other cleaning products. all for repairs of fencing, clearing rubbish, cutting up trees that had fallen in the road, and the occasional ewe assistance.

Had a spot check stop by the police and their eyes popped out and seeing what was in the boot....it took a while and it was only the fact that I had a police psychologist interview me the month before (shot gun renewal), that I was not taken away.

Second time was coming back from university, where I had a lab coat, dissection kit, and again bin bags, tape and other questionable things (when looked upon in the way they were). Again took a while, but convinced them, and even sparked an interest in science....two weeks later, one of the police officers turned up at uni to join the lecture :)

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What is the tape, esp the masking tape, used for in road kill recovery?

what…no zip ties and rubber over shoes?

Years back, the Tuesday after a long weekend helping teach a hunting/game prep course, I did bit of fallow deer recovery using the kit that had been left in the car. There were gloves, knife, bin bags and string, and I didn’t feel under equipped. Well, beyond wishing for a buddy to help with portage!

Reactions: Kenny P

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE