Isn't *daft* great

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Unsure of the pronunciation of quiche, my neighbour's terribly polite 80ish year old mother happily announced that she and her gentleman friend had visited Marks and Spencer's and just had a little quickie for lunch :eek: :rolleyes: :D

I'm probably going to have to Mod this one out, aren't I ? Would it pass the eight year old's test ???.......Hmmmm

cheers,
Toddy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
..... quickie .....
I'm probably going to have to Mod this one out, aren't I ? Would it pass the eight year old's test ???.......Hmmmm

cheers,
Toddy

That seems to a common mistake locally to me - most usually said at the most inopportunate time and place. And as for asking for a Grangers foot wear product and forgetting the 'r' ...... Well, it tends to stop people in their tracks :eek:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
At a public re-enactment a Viking blacksmith known as Boj was belting away at an iron bar. A father with two young sons walked past and knowledgeably announced in a loud voice,
"That's no' right, they didnae have iron back then!"

Boj promptly replied, with every nuance of dry Scots sarcasm he could,

"Aye, they jist gaffa taped Christ tae the cross......."

:rolleyes: :D

cheers,
Toddy

They could have used No Nails !! :D

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
On "Come Dine With Me" the other day the only vegitarian in the group said when discussing red meat "You can't digest it; it just stays in your intestines and purifies."

Cool!
Chris

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
During an archaeological dig:
"I found metal!"
"It's a stone, Grace."
"No it must be metal, it sounds like metal when I hit it with my trowel."

Same person:
"I could never eat a whole gazebo."

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Back in the days before every USA company had a franchise overhere:
DS and me walking in New York, looking for a bookstore called Forbidden Planet. Asking directions from a local policeman who told me:"It's just behind the footlocker." Me in all innocence: "But that's too small to have a complete building behind it innit?" Locker = one of those safe-storages for books like they have in schools (to me anyway).
DS rolling on the ground, gasping for breath and pointing out a flipping big store with a huge sign over the door saying Footlocker.
Why on earth I could think there'd be a little shoe-safe in the middle of the street... Must have been jetlag.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
One Welsh Valleys expression that always raises a smile for me is when I hear

"I'll be with you now in a minute later after"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE