Is it just me or...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Yeah I remember several years back being in Brecon in horizontal rain. We were out all day and the rain just didn't let off, I'm pretty sure we all got blown over at some point that day, got back thoroughly knackered and all smiling. Tried popping into a pub to pick up a bottle of wine and they literally sent us around to the side door and wouldn't let us enter as we looked liked drowned rats. Awesome day.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I can certainly agree with the sentiments in this thread. I take particular pleasure in camping in the rain. Especially if the rain comes after I have my tarp set-up and I have enough warm clothes and fuel for my trangia to get me by without having to worry about making fire. Means I can just put the kettle on, kick back, relax and enjoy nature.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Tony and myself camped out a little while ago in a thunderstorm under a large tarp with a small fire, cracking everything watching and listening to the thunder and lightening.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
its a great feeling especially when you are coming home to a warm house, it always makes me think of the poor homeless people who don't have that option though.

middlewolf

Feb 12, 2017
Portland, OR
I get the same sense of pleasure doing this. Same as I used to get as a child when I would lay up in the "package tray" under the back window of the car and watch the rain hit the window above me and I'm staying perfectly protected and dry.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I loves it... The colder the better , the wind and rain is also nice and washes away the negative and the lethargy...

Maybe I'm just nuts , but I do like hiking in a storm

Not just sitting in a tent/tarp to watch it ...

There's just something about it...Can't put into words.
Especially if I'm adequately dressed for the occasion,
And with a warm flask of coffee in your side pocket ...😉

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE