irish bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roibeard

Nov 8, 2007
waterford/Cork, Ireland
Hey Billy.

We should organize some event/gathering maybe in Wicklow or somewhere not too far from Waterford!
maybe on a very quiet beach or a broadleaf wood.
I would just love a chance to wear some stone age clothing I am working on.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz.
Hi ,

Just found this Link

Anyone on here ? - anyone know who they are - anything about them ?

Found the website details on whois.com. I presume the domain owner is the person who runs the courses.

well, yeah, you'd be correct. but, very understandably, the domain owner would prefer that folks wanting to contact bushcraft ireland, do so using the "office" email and phone numbers provided on the website, and not call them at home.

now all we need is a volounteer to sign up for a course and do a review!

cheers, and.

Raptor

Tenderfoot
Hi All,

thanks Sargey for removing the offending content.

BFMHL, I think when Loz asked the question about whether anyone knew who was running Bushcraft Ireland, he didn't want the world to know my personal home address and contact details. By the way if you have my PRSI number, keep it to yourself. If you want to contact me, or find out who I am, ring the phone number on the website, and talk to me....:rolleyes: ... You can also contact me on the email address provided.

The website, like the school is just getting up and running. We have been building the website over the past month. Just added the Course Calendar last week, after some negotiations with her indoors and my partner. First course is on at the end of March next year.

Over the next couple of weeks we will also be populating the "About Us" page, just as soon as we have some puurrty pictures to put up there. Myself and my partner are both living in Co Dublin, I'm originally from Newry, Co. Down. The move to Dublin is a long story.... I hope that the new "About Us" page on the website will answer any questions you have.

We are one of only a handfull of Irish Bushcraft schools, I would hope that this forum would not pass judgement on us before we even get off the ground.

Sargey's suggestion of a volounteer for a review is brilliant. Please be aware that I'm open to any constructive feedback on the school or on the website.

Hope I haven't hijacked this thread, good to see irish bushcraft being discussed.

Slainte,

Frank

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
SKERRIES!!

I am from Rush. We left when I was five years old but I clearly remember collecting winkles from the rock pools, and kale from the dunes. We played in hegderows and made little hiding holes in them. I used to wander off on my own, away from any adults and munch weeds and stuff scrumped from farmers fields. Using green stuff to eat and play in was so normal.

I would love to go foraging there again.

Lambay island is a creepy looking place.

BMFHL

Feb 9, 2007
Dublin
Dear Raptor,
sorry for any problems caused. I thought, in my ignorance, that the domain register would be fairly public information. Sincerely didn't mean any offence.

Not a great introduction to my fellow Irish bushcrafters, I fear.

Argh.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Seriously dissapointed that there haven't been any americans with their "I'm fourth generation irish" twaddle! :rolleyes: I think I may have irish roots as I had a Grandad Paddy! Not kidding either, he was my real father's father, although I lost all contact with him when i was about four or five and never saw either of them since. Wondered why I had such a ferocious temper!

:D

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Seriously dissapointed that there haven't been any americans with their "I'm fourth generation irish" twaddle! :rolleyes: I think I may have irish roots as I had a Grandad Paddy! Not kidding either, he was my real father's father, although I lost all contact with him when i was about four or five and never saw either of them since. Wondered why I had such a ferocious temper!

:D

No probs with americans just english who think the only male name over here is Patrick!:D :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE