irish bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
i just very well may be irish also. hang on, checking the passport.......yup. still irish. so there are a few of us here i see. i guess meets will be wicklow area, from the look of the spread of folk across the north and east. for they people in belfast who haven't ventured down to dublin area yet, the train from belfast to dublin is super efficient, fast and nice. best in ireland or england i would hazard, of course, thats not really saying much.... :)
for those interested in a meet, see the thread here; http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25929
to raptor, and anyone else interested in a trip to ireland, (or even to the northern lads coming down) i have floorspace in dublin for any time needed.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
the alcohol keeps us warm, and we light fires with pe4. nice to see racism is alive and well!!!!
oh, and yes, we are all ginger, our eyes are too close together, etc etc etc. happy now?

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
looks like newcavemans comments been censored. oh well, i thought it was beautiful in its base vileness. i would have left it, even given directions to it. could have called it art. LMAO

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
ahh Irishlostboy thank you for reminding me of the beauty of a sense of humour that can disarm the arrogance of others.

Who needs expensive lighter fliud when you have pochin (sp?) with bits swimming around the bottom.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
the bits add protein. very important when you are dossing in a hedge....i mean "practicing bushcraft" . as for sense of humour, mine is set permanently in "sick" with extra middle fingers thrown in for effect. drives most people nuts. i think my massive library of dead baby jokes doesn't help.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now you never see dossing in hedge on Ray mears do you. Hollys are nearly naturally total dry, and elders I have been told about the witching hole and that it can thatched up to make a nice shelter. I have no idea how this is done. Hedges provide excellant natural emergancy cover yet are hardly ever covered in bushcraft.

A sense of humour is the most underrated survival skill.

I knew someone who tried to smuggle the odd bit of pochin into england in a holy water bottle. They guy at dublin airport took the lid off and sniffed and then said 'I don't think this holy water' so she said really loudly 'be jeezus its miracle!!'. so the costums bloke replied 'i will take it and give to pope the next time he visits shall I?':lmao:

N

NewCaveMan

Hey id new thatd get a rise outta u guys im 100 percent irish hehehe

no harm intended sorry guys

Raptor

Tenderfoot
Hey, anyone know if Ray Mears is planning a trip to Ireland on his current lecture tour.
Just came of the phone from a mate of mine across the water in Wales. He went to one of his lectures, Ray spoke for three hours non-stop. Apparently very good report, kept the crowd going with gems of wisdom and intersting stories.
I reckon it would be good to get him over here, plently of intrest in that sort of thing over here.

M

Mouldsy

My mate went to see him in England.
He said his talk was brill and he talked for nearly three hours then took questions and wouldnt leave the stage until everybody was happy, afterwards Ray took the time in a private room to talk to everybody on a one to one, signed books etc.
The next morning my mate and his wife were having breakfast in there hotel and who should walk in? none other than the man himself, he was staying at the same hotel.
My mate invited him to their table for breakfast and he joined them.
To cut a long story short he asked him if he had any plans to visit Gods country (Belfast) and he said that he plans to do a tour here next time as he gets a lot of business from this side of the water and it is only fair that he takes time to visit us.
My mate also said that he is one of the most pleasant and well mannered men you could ever meet.
Talk about turning green with envy when he told me, his wife had booked it for a surprise for him and he wasn't even wanting to go to England as his wife told him it was for a shopping trip. The jammy git.

Raptor

Tenderfoot
Hi folks,
talking about Mr Mears, did anyone see him on the Tubridy Tonight Show on Saturday night ?
Didn't see it myself but heard he was one the show being interviewed.
Any one see it ? what did you think of the performance.?
Cheers,

Frank

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
The guys from N.I - where do you camp usually?

The past few times we've been up to the Mournes - Newcastle side. But I fancy exploring the North Coast a bit more, just don't know where to start as I'm not familiar with it! :dunno:

rivermom

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
Sligo, Ireland
the bits add protein. very important when you are dossing in a hedge....i mean "practicing bushcraft" . as for sense of humour, mine is set permanently in "sick" with extra middle fingers thrown in for effect. drives most people nuts. i think my massive library of dead baby jokes doesn't help.

Good lord, son, do you want people to think I didn't bring you up properly? And you forgot to mention your endless store of Cripple jokes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE