Ireland meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Simo

Is the meet up still going ahead on Friday????I really hope it is.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
hey this isnt realy a meet thing but im coming over to belfast on wednesday on a tall ship called zebu to the festival so if ur in that area feel free to come to the ship and just ask for me :D GAZ

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Well after months of planning we've finally had the first Ireland meet-up. Tnaks to Anthonio, Peter, Brian and the Doc for a great weekend. :D
I had a great time and managed to make my first hoko knife despite the Doc throwing the handles into the fire. :lmao:
Both and Anthonio and the Doc managed to construct this very complicated but impressive looking fire spindle but the drill boke at the critical moment. :(

Thanks again to Anthonio for the use of his fantastic yurt, the site and help with the hammock and flintknapping pointers. :You_Rock_

Brian, let us know how you get on with the amadou.
Peter, I'll be in touch for the strides and canoe trip.
The lamb chop was delicious Doc. You're a whiz on the barbeque. Bring a banoffee cake next time if you can.

And last but not least, thanks to Tony for his help and encouragement. :You_Rock_

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
SJ,

It was nice to meet a couple of new faces and have a chat, I haven't been out for a while. Thanks for the amadou, flint and tinder, very generous of you. All I need now is some charcoal for my amadou. How did the Kuksa turn out or is it a work in progress?
Thanks to you for getting it organised and Anthonio for the all his help as well, I was just sorry I couldn't stay any longer :(
I will get to use my hammock some time soon hopefully ;)

Brian

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Yeah, it was great to put faces to names, Brian.

As for the Kuksa, still very much work in progress although I did manage to put a fairly large hole in it. I have come away with loads of othr projects that I want to get stuck into as well including making my own sling. :D

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
HI guys,
It was really good to meet up at the weekend and put faces to names. I look forward to meeting up again. Sodajoe, the next time we meet remind me to show you how to make a really quick but functional sling. I was actually thinking about it at the weekend but forgot - great minds think alike (mine just turned off!!).
For those who didn't make it, the craic was excellent and hopefully we can repeat this again.

Thanks again to Anthonio for facilitating the meet up.
Peter

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
That would be great Peter, I got a crack at Anthonio's sling and I thought it was great fun.

As for another meet-up, well, name the time and the place and I'll be there and I hope those who didn't make it can find there way to the next one. The more the merrier. :D

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Id love to, ive been over here about a year now (from south england before) and I can never find anywhere to go yet, so it would be great to hook up with some folks, pick some brains and learn some local land.

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Well if we can get enough interested parties then it shouldn't be a problem to get another meet-up off the ground.

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
sodajoe said:
Well if we can get enough interested parties then it shouldn't be a problem to get another meet-up off the ground.

Ok well I for one definitly interested, maybe worth you starting another thread so folk would see its a new meet?

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
It's been a while since I've been on the site. Hi Sodajoe and Brian. I'd be up for another meeting. Just let me know when and where!
PKM

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
peterkm said:
It's been a while since I've been on the site. Hi Sodajoe and Brian. I'd be up for another meeting. Just let me know when and where!
PKM

Haven't been on the site in a while either, but good to hear from you Peter. Looks as if there more interest in a meeting. How about February/March time or is that too cold for folks?

lyttlegough

Nov 7, 2006
N. Ireland
Just joined and would love to meet other like-minded people. Having a meet of some kind would be great. Can anyone actually make an ember with a fire-bow ?

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
lyttlegough said:
Just joined and would love to meet other like-minded people. Having a meet of some kind would be great. Can anyone actually make an ember with a fire-bow ?

Welcome aboard lyttlegough, sure it's not so difficult when you know how. Just takes a bit of graft and determination to get it started. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE