Ireland meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Just filled in the form too. I might have one or too other people that interested but I have been away so unable to talk to them yet put I will this weekend and get them to sign up too I hope.

James

Blackthorn

Feb 2, 2006
Ireland
Just filled in the booking form myself.

Looking forward to the craic. :lmao:

Antonio is there a postal address that we can send cheques to for

payment?

S

Simo

Lads Im fairly new to this website/community and I have just filled out the form for the meet up in June.Hope Im not jumping the gun a bit by attending but I am really looking forward to it.Is there many going???

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Welcome aboard Simo and no, you're not jumping the gun. I think at this stage there's about eight people going but there could well be more. James also said he could rustle up a few pals to join in so we'll wait and see.

:)

S

Simo

Cheers Sodajoe...Just a few more quick questions...Do I need to send money up to anyone????Where exactly is the place???And finally where and when yous all meeting???

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Anthonio's gaff is in Castlewellan Forest Park, Castlewellan, Co Down. I'm not sure if anyone is meeting up before hand but if you go on one of Anthonio's course the meeting place is the Ranger's Hut inside the park so I guess that's is good as any. A few of us have offered to help Anthonio set up the camp so some might be down a little earlier. As for money, well, Anthonio has VERY kindly offered to loan his Mongolian-style yurt, knives, hammocks and even his pots and pans. More importantly, the guy has a huge wealth of knowledge that can be plundered while we're there. :D What more can I say?

By the way, just a word on the hammocks folks. I bought one of Anthonio and the're flippin brill. You get a hammock, hootchie and mozzie net for about £85-£90, I can't remember exactly. I look like the guy's salesman when I write this but they really are fantastic. And when compare the price of this to the eco-system being flogged on Ray Mears site for £230, it's great value. You'll see for yourself anyway come June.

Right,....

Time to chip in again with a bit of info!

Plenty of people are signing up, so it's a definate go!!!
I will leave instructions posted on the Rangers hut, or if everybody comes at a pre-arranged time, I will meet you at the hut myself...

I will be on the site from Friday Evening till sunday evening most likely.

The finances we can arrange while there,.. it'll only be 2.50 per night per person, which will be donated to the forest service

feel free to post any other questions in this thread... I'll try and check regularly, but I'm a busy guy these months...

I will see you all there!!!

Warm regards,
Anthonio

Reactions: Ed

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
What do you guys think about meeting up at a prearranged time at the Ranger's Hut in Castlewellan Park?

How does 8pm sound – too early/late?

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Sounds OK, depending on how long it takes to set up camp, I appreciate that some have a fair distance to travel to get there so we'll see what the others think.

Brian

S

Simo

That sounds perfect to me as Im travelling from Dublin and have to work till four o clock that day.Four hours is plenty to get me up.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Not sure when I will be arriving as it looks like I will only be able to stay one night so I will either be arriving Friday eveing leaving Saturday evening or arriving Saturday morning leaving on Sunday.

Either way I will be there and will be able to let you known for definite in a few days. Looking forward to meeting you all.

James

woa... Hold on here a minute...

You guys wanting to start on Friday Evening?? I think I remember mentioning, I could not commit to that.....

Right,.. .

I am happy to come on Friday, but I cannot have anyone arrive before 9 PM friday night... This because I need to set up camp and have everything sorted before you guys arrive... I will then break up the camp on Sunday. Not sure what time on sunday though... I will leave instructions on the rangershut and unlock the gate at 9PM, if you arrive before or at 9, you can come up to the site with me at 9, otherwise there will be instructions at the Rangers hut...
Please respect this request and don't come to the site before 9 pm even if you do know where it is...

Many regards and looking forward to welcoming you all soon!

Anthonio

Blackthorn

Feb 2, 2006
Ireland
Guys, unfortunately i have just been asked to go to Macedonia for a month to work. Im leaving on saturday so i will miss the Meet Up. Am a bit furious that i wont be able to be there after all the back and forth we had to get it of the ground. :(

Antonio if there is a problem with me dropping out in terms of cost im more than willing to still pay my share of the costs seeing as i was one of the people originally pushing for Castlewellan as a venue.

As far as everybody else goes i hope it turns out to be a great weekend and that you guys have fun. I hope this will be the first of many. Make sure to post some pics.

Cheers,

Blackthorn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE