TOP TIPS AND TRICKS.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I came up with this idea and fitted magnets in to the handles my Swiss Army Knives. There are two magnets. One is fixed with strong glue and the other sits on top and is detachable. I use them all the time and with the bigger magnet I could stick my knife to the fridge if I had one. I did consider selling the idea but since I am an anti capitalist hippy I decided to share it for free.

Attachments

• IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: gg012

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I think that’s a great idea.

I stick these to all sorts of things. I have a steel rack above my worktable. I’ve got some perforated magnets (or maybe they are magnetic washers).
I am an old Black and Decker nerd and hang my chuck keys (remember them?) up there.

I’m not sure that the adhesive on the ones in the link would stand up to the strain of being in a pocket all day.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I think that’s a great idea.

I stick these to all sorts of things. I have a steel rack above my worktable. I’ve got some perforated magnets (or maybe they are magnetic washers).
I am an old Black and Decker nerd and hang my chuck keys (remember them?) up there.

I’m not sure that the adhesive on the ones in the link would stand up to the strain of being in a pocket all day.
They have never come out. The trick to keep em in is in having two magnets. This also stops the detachable magnet from sticking to something and coming off.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
20240207_155521.jpgthis works for me. It also gives me two stoves if needed. I struggled with the pot cross pieces, as I had to wait for it to burn out, and cool before I could pack it away, plus I couldn't use the simmer ring. This solves all those problems, carry a couple of gel sachets as well, and you have two stoves that can work independently if needed.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
View attachment 85521this works for me. It also gives me two stoves if needed. I struggled with the pot cross pieces, as I had to wait for it to burn out, and cool before I could pack it away, plus I couldn't use the simmer ring. This solves all those problems, carry a couple of gel sachets as well, and you have two stoves that can work independently if

The Crusader 2 stove takes a trangia burner - it fits in the gel holding ring perfectly (sometimes hard to remove!) and makes a better stove than the Trangia triangle.
What are these burners? ive not come across them. you got any pics John so I can see? x

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I like this that I came up with. For anyone with a bell tent or one with inside poles this is one of those cable reels that an be adapted into a table. You just put the tent pole through the middle. If you had a few you could stack them up the pole and have shelves.
IMG_1330.JPG

Last edited:

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
An idea hot off the cerebellum tonight.

I was sharpening a pencil and wondered if the thin shavings would take a spark.
Yep! They did.
I’ll try a few pieces of dry stick tomorrow and if that works then I’m putting a pencil sharpener into each of my stove bags.

I use the two hole size type that collects shavings.

Perhaps someone else will try it too and between us we can recommend woods.
(….or knock the idea on the head!)

Reactions: Dan00001

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE