Introduction post from Germany

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
Hey guys,

my name is Martin, and I live in Berlin, Germany. I've been a member at bladeforums.com for some time now, and I've noticed a shift in my interests from knives to what you do with these knives and more bushcrafty stuff lately. So I pondered registering at bushcraftusa, but then I found this forum. Even though this is the Internet, it's still nice to have people nearby. I'm still waiting for a package from the USA (I traded knives with a guy on bladeforums) that was sent off almost 8 weeks ago. If it ever comes, I'll have to pay customs fees... I hope there will be better trades here on this forum. Maybe I'll even make it to a BushMoot, probably in 2012.

I've been in a local scout group for 11 years now, and my parents have a weekend home just an hour north of Berlin, which is on a property that is roughly 1 acre big and mostly woodland. That's my "getaway" when I just need to get out of civilisation and spend an afternoon or a night outside. Unfortunately, that's also where I split my left knee while felling a tree 8 weeks ago. I just went out into the woods for the first time since then today, and I'm still pretty wobbly on my left leg. But it's getting better :)

I visited South England (mostly Dorset) with the scouts in 2009, we hiked in the Dorchester area and along the shoreline for 2 weeks. Very beautiful corner of the world. I stood on top of the Durdle Door and slept in a cave near it (and spent a terrible rainy night on a cow meadow just above said cave, before we found it :D). I hope to get back there some day.

Well, thanks for reading my first post here, I think I'll enjoy myself.

Just one thing... if you want, visit my youtube channel, I've got some bushcrafty and/or crazy stuff there. Two new videos about venturing out into the woods today with a new knife :rolleyes: are uploading as I type! If you like, subscribe and leave a comment on my channel, it would greatly motivate me to put up some more videos!

Have a nice evening.

maethor

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
Since it seems like I can't edit that first post, I'll just have to double-post.

Is Sean "The Silver Fox" here? I love that guy's youtube channel, and from his accent one would think that he lives somewhere in the UK area.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you on bushcraft uk, we don't seem to ahve a huge amount of members from Germany so you're doubly welcome, it's the Dutch that seem to be jumping over from the mainland :D
Any questions ask away and it woudl be great meeting you at the Moot in 2012 goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE