Interesting! (One litre bottle light bulb)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Stig of the dump made a wall of glass bottles in his 'cave' that let light in :)
Very neat idea, especially in a sunny climate.

cheers,
Toddy

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Stig of the dump made a wall of glass bottles in his 'cave' that let light in :)
Very neat idea, especially in a sunny climate.

cheers,
Toddy

Just like the farms herb greenhouse, built by Prince's Trust out of 2L cola bottles!

Stig of the dump forgot about him.

Liam

ganstey

Settler
It's a clever (and cheap!) variation of a light tube, which has been around for a long time. It's not quite a light bulb as it doesn't provide light when it's dark outside, but channels light from outside to inside. A brilliant idea for slums where houses don't get sunlight during the day, but not sure how useful/practical it would be here.
Graham

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Just like the farms herb greenhouse, built by Prince's Trust out of 2L cola bottles!...

funny that, princes trust teams knowing good ways to recycle rubbish to grow "herb"!

stuart (ex princes trust team leader, and proud of (more or less) everything my scallywags have gone on to achieve)

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Not a lot different (apart from price) from the glass 'melons' used in boats. I have one on the sailing barge (which only has a few portholes and is consequently dark inside). Makes a really big difference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE