Intellectual betterment.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Well. Bugger me, I though it was a documentary, sheeeessshhhh, you learn some stuff on here don't you?:rolleyes:
Well I for one would not recommend someone watch Star Trek as a way of gaining insight into the study of chroniton and tachyon particles. (go on.... you know you want to :) )

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....She conveys a picture of the english people as stunted in everyday life because of social conventions and conformist seeking attitudes

we are stunted by social convention and conformist seeking attitudes, it's kind of our "thing", i think that most of us like it that way to be honest

stuart

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Id like to let rip with me true feeling's regarding this thread,but alas im British,and of the working class variety,thus i will tug my forelock,bow my head subordinate head know my place,and by the way its raining here bl~~dy typical hey!

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
I think this documentary video clip (it's only short a, a couple of minutes) explains very well where this thread went wrong.

It also explains a lot about how we English work, as do the related clips alongside it in the list. Especially the self-defence one!

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Id like to let rip with me true feeling's regarding this thread,but alas im British,and of the working class variety,thus i will tug my forelock,bow my head subordinate head know my place,and by the way its raining here bl~~dy typical hey!

That's what I like about you Andy, you know your place. :D

Is the water hot for my bath yet? Oh and have my boots ready by the morning, there's a good man...

Liam

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
The bath would be my pleasure Liam Sir,tested with my elbow for just the temp you like,but i aint touching them wellies of yours,not even for a lump of coal,and a starling for me tea!

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I can almost guarantee that most of the conversations at the Moot will be in some way weather related, lighting a fire in the rain, lighting a fire in the wind, lighting a fire in the sun!

Nah, you're wrong. I reckon only one third will be weather related, a third will be about the merits of hammocks over tents and the other third will be about folks bowel movements.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Nah, you're wrong. I reckon only one third will be weather related, a third will be about the merits of hammocks over tents and the other third will be about folks bowel movements.
What about metal sporks and Ti mugs, they be talked about more than the weather :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Pah. This thread has only confirmed my suspicions that intellectual betterment may be all well and good, but chasing and catching snakes is still much more fun and you get to go to places and meet folks that don't wear shabby brown tweed jackets with elbow patches and brown cords. Some of the people that come back with Emm, honestly!!! Good thing is, a work related affair is slim to nil. Although, not many women do my job, so I have even less chance.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
If you've only got 2 eggs you can only do 2 tests.

No - you can only do two *unsuccesful* tests, in which an egg breaks. You can do as many "non egg breaking" tests as you like.

In my case, I wouldn't do any tests. I'd just throw the eggs at whomever it was that thought I should waste my time testing how high you can drop eggs from without breaking them (in a vacuum). That way I win twice - I don't waste my time, and I get to have a little fun. :D

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Pah. This thread has only confirmed my suspicions that intellectual betterment may be all well and good, but chasing and catching snakes is still much more fun and you get to go to places and meet folks that don't wear shabby brown tweed jackets with elbow patches and brown cords. Some of the people that come back with Emm, honestly!!! Good thing is, a work related affair is slim to nil. Although, not many women do my job, so I have even less chance.

Oi!!! I resemble that remark!!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Oi!!! I resemble that remark!!!

I never said wellies, they don't wear wellies!!! Plus you have to lack any ability to communicate with anyone unless discussing numbers or students. With Emma, we call it 'The Zone'. Some of her colleagues however, are permanently within 'The Zone' and cannot come out.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I never said wellies, they don't wear wellies!!! Plus you have to lack any ability to communicate with anyone unless discussing numbers or students. With Emma, we call it 'The Zone'. Some of her colleagues however, are permanently within 'The Zone' and cannot come out.

Ah, my mistake, I was being a bit "precious"...

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Liam

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I'm better than all of you lot any way, why is any of this even in discussion? each post should end with "but of course Southey is better than me in every way,FACT!"

Then we wouldn't have any issues with uppity yokels.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I'm better than all of you lot any way, why is any of this even in discussion? each post should end with "but of course Southey is better than me in every way,FACT!"

couldn't agree more mate

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

I disagree. If I remember correctly, I had genius in my title first, then you copied me before deleting it. It is true we are both Gods amongst men, but I do my reviews in the cupboard. You use the bog!

And last time there were still floaters in there.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE