Iceland 2014 - A Roadtrip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
What a fantastic thread, your pictures are breathtaking.

Iceland is now firmly on my bucket list.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The chances are very high that I will be returning there at some stage.

We both decided we wanted to go back at some stage but "Photo Tours Abroad", the outfit that want me to lead their Mongolia Trip are also asking If I would be interested in leading trips to Iceland starting next year.

It's just in discussion at the moment but the place has so much potential I think it could well be a runner.

Time will tell...

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just come across this thread....WOW...just doesn't cut it..!!
I was only looking at Iceland last week as a self drive holiday next year for my Son & I
Your pics have painted the famous thousand words for me...the holiday is now firmly on my list of things to do and see.
Brilliant...thank you for sharing.:You_Rock_

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I would certainly take a look at the "Happy Campers" website if you are thinking of it.

The chance to bunk down just about anywhere gives you a lot of freedom and doesn't cost a lot more than a car hire.

Combine that with cabins just every now and again and it may actually cost you less.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh Gary, your pix always require a cup of seriously good Yemeni Matari coffee to enjoy properly :). Absolutely stunning stuff that really makes me want to go there. The horses look lovely, and the "hobbit" houses :). Litter is really bad ... why ... dhhh ... I shouldn't ask these stupid questions! Excellent report, glad you had a really wonderful time. Thanks for putting up the pix and story.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The horses really seemed to have character. I should have photographed more really but there were just so many things to take pictures of.

The good news is that it looks like I might be going back.

The outfit that want me to lead a photo tour in Mongolia are now very interested in me leading trips to Iceland as well.

Again, it depends on getting participants but I think there is a better chance for this one.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Difficult choice to make isn't it?

Every part of the trip had it's own unique character.

We travelled day to day thinking "That's amazing. How do you beat that?" but just around the corner you saw something else, that wasn't necessarily better, just different and just as amazing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE