Iceland 2014 - A Roadtrip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Loving the photos. I'm currently mulling over the purchase of some new lenses and was wondering if there was any lens you found particularly useful for this environment?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Thank you for your kind comments everyone.

Loving the photos. I'm currently mulling over the purchase of some new lenses and was wondering if there was any lens you found particularly useful for this environment?

I shoot with a full frame (35mm sensor) camera and the lens I normally use most is a 17-40mm zoom. Having said that I found myself using the 70-200mm a lot more than I usually do on this trip. not quite 50-50% but getting close.

(That would be about 10-25mm and 40-125mm on a normal cropped sensor of course.)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Another taster for you then...

Jokulsaron-Iceflow-XIII.jpg

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I only shoot "RAW" files for maximum quality Ric, so there is no picture to show before they have been through post production.

All digital images have to be processed. Cameras that directly produce JPEG files do this based upon settings generally specified in a Far East back room. RAW images are processed more specifically by the photographer instead, that is what makes a lot of the difference.

Ansel Adams didn't pin his negatives to the gallery walls, he exhibited the finished prints.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Tis up to you Gary, but sometimes when you PS a picture it takes away from the reality of the shot, its stops looking 'natural' and can become almost a caricature of the real image, whilst I respect the effort you put into your images IMHO you can also be taking away from the real beauty of what you've seen on that wonderful holiday.

In the midst of moving house so my 'Photoshop for Dummies' is in a box somewhere lol but I intend to get back to it after finishing the move next week. Off to Gran Canaria then for ten days...I'd prefer Iceland but my bones and chest say sunshine is best lol. Looking forward to the other pictures :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE