'hunter' Custom Catapult.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
im interested in spare bands how much are they and how do i attach them to a barnett black widow ???

I have some of Fish's Therabands on my Black Widow. I bind them with some thin stong cord, I used 45lb fly line backing that I had to hand. I put a loop of cord that sticks out an inch beyond where your wipping will end & then start wrapping from the other end so when you get to the end of the wrapping you put the end of your cord through the loop & pull the other end hard, which pulls the loop & tail end under the whipping... If that makes sense. I then cover librally with clear fly tying varnish all over & leave to set. Then I do it over a 2nd time making the whipping a bit neater, again pulling the knot under the wipping. More varnish & you are done. I cut 2 inches off the wrist support to make it more pocket friendly, which works well for me. Here are some pics:

IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0321.JPG

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
could have just said you whip it on.
i would have understood but thanks anyway.
ps i only thought there was a cunning little trick but no :(
by the way you fixing looks bombproof

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
could have just said you whip it on.

Yes, I suppose so.... Fair point. I only put them on yesterday & gave it a quick go today, but it seems to be on pretty bombproof, like you said. I am using slightly shorter bands this time so it is running a bit faster & with a flatter trajectory, so will need to go to the range to do some target practice in the net to get my eye in on it. I will put it over the chrono again to see if it ios over 20 foot/pound yet... :D:D:D
It used to do 18, with the .44 musket balls

Last edited:

Harnser

Aug 10, 2010
North Norfolk
All this catapult stuff got me thinking about some of the catapults I used as a boy. Do any of you remember the self inflicted pain you can get from those old Milbro aluminium catapults?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
All this catapult stuff got me thinking about some of the catapults I used as a boy. Do any of you remember the self inflicted pain you can get from those old Milbro aluminium catapults?

Yep, the nice friction burns across the top of the wrist.

I wish I could find mine though, folk are paying daft money for them these days.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Some cattys will slap you if they are not held right or dont fit you. Some people use a glove to get over this. My small Fish hunter would slap me all the time till I learned how to hold it right

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I bought my first Fish Hunter a year ago after I read this thread and been hooked since. Have anyone here try thee new Cougar Hunter yet? I have just ordered one from Fish few days ago :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE