'hunter' Custom Catapult.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
made from hardwood laminate in my cottage workshop in rural wiltshire,this is one strong catty,but what realy sets it apart is that it is fitted with 'thera-band gold ' flatbands ,this stuff leaves all the other elastics far behind with stone tools!
available in 'jacobian oak' or 'forest green' to suit your mood! and also in 'ergonomic' form.

these are more than able to kill small game or fowl at 50 yards,of course depending on experience and permissions, the hunter catty can easilly chuck a .50 caliber lead shot over 300 yards.

heres a vid of a duck taken with .44cal lead ball:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY_5t8MDQDo

i would recomend the use of .44 - .50 cal lead or stainless steel shot.

i am selling these for £22.50 each,which will include 10 free .44cal shots. this INCLUDES P&P for all of the EU.

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

DSC03794.jpg

payment by paypal ,cash by registered post,UNCROSSED postal order,cheque or gold teeth! sorry no sexual favours .
WOULD CONSIDER TRADE ON A FIRE PISTON!

Last edited by a moderator:

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Fish, could I fit one of your therabands to my hand made milbro jobby? It has holes drilled in it about 7mm diameter.

milbro-brass-small.jpg

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
What type of shot would you use to practice with, fish?

Is there anything like "paintball" shot so that one can see where the shot hit?

for consistancy and accuracy ,use the same to practic with as you would to hunt,just set a tarp up behind yer target and let it 'bag' ie hang loose,it will absorb the force and the shots will be dead easy to gather/find.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Thanks for the replies - I did actually find a site with paintball shot for catapults[/URL] (bottom of the page), but they're out of stock. I think Fish's advice makes sense so I'll do it that way.

Fish, can you reserve for me a 'jacobian oak' catapult? I've paid the money into my PP account and it will take 2 days for it to arrive - then I'll PM you. I'll also order two made-up bands of the thereaband gold which you're offering on the "seiously strong catapult elastic" thread.

Ta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Received mine today Fish, thanks very much. Looking forward to getting some plinking practise :)

Any suggestions for where I can get more shot from? I'm guessing these 10 won't last too long...

Cheers

Rat

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
.44 calibre ball can be obtained from almost any gunshop that sells blackpowder pistols, or from Les Hannam online - I don't have his web address, but he advertises in Gunmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE