How's this for a fair bit of kit??

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
After 14 years of service, time is drawing to a close and the end of an era is upon me. I will exchange Corporal for Mister, stinky green kit for nice clean civilian clothing and I will be at last allowed to walk on the grass without some big hairy RSM screaming at me!!

With Demob upon me, it is time to de-kit and hand in 14 years worth of crap I have hoarded like any good soldier. Magpies don't have a thing on us soldiers!! If you look at the pictures, you will see what I mean. A lot is packed so that I don't blow your mind with the amount of kit I've got, but ask yourself one question: Does he really need all of those boots??!!!

HPIM2728-1.jpg

HPIM2729.jpg

Goodbye shiny stuff, it was nice knowing you! :(

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Looks like

1X steel toe cap engineering work boots
1X Pro Boots (gortex ECW)
2X Standard Issue pro-boots
1X Gardening/car washhing/too much salt boots
1X jungle boots (black)
1X flying boots

nope, can't see too many boots there, unless both your bergans are stuffed with them. The 'Long Haired Colonel' seems to think that, because i only have one pair of feet, i only need one pair of boots!

I'm guessing that the QM is only getting back what he 'officially' gave you and the real shiny kit is out of view. ;)

The best kit is always the stuff you get to keep!

Goodbye to shiny kit? Yes (apart from the gardening boots!) :D

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Just a word to the wise; one soldier to another, you'll ALWAYS have plenty of boots around. I have my first two pair from basic training still, alothough they arent serviceable. I have like 6 pair, & I've been out for 3 years!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've got two Kop vests, and if I have my way both will be going with me as they aren't on my kit list! One is a webtex version I bought a few years back and the other was issued for Iraq the other year and saw use at the ranges and that was about it as I REMF'd it for the whole six months!

I'm thinking I will have a fair bit of kit left over, but I'll leave any "getting rid of" threads until I get back to UK and settle in so say a month. Phil, you have first shout on a Kop vest!!

It looks like I will make off with two PLCE bergens, one short back and the other a long back but both are in DPM. I would like to keep hold of one, but would prefer an olive green one in good nick so if anyone is considering getting a DPM version, give me a shout, they are both in an A1 but used condition, I have buckshee rocket pooches too!!

I'll sort through anyway when I get back to UK so watch this space and I'll see what I can get together!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey Spam - what you going to sew on your coat now mate? ;)

Seriously though,

Thank you for your service. We are all very, very proud to know you. You have carried a load for all of us and we thank you for it. I know you get embarassed being thanked. Tough.

Thanks

Red

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
British Red said:
Hey Spam - what you going to sew on your coat now mate? ;)

Seriously though,

Thank you for your service. We are all very, very proud to know you. You have carried a load for all of us and we thank you for it. I know you get embarassed being thanked. Tough.

Thanks

Red

I'll go with this, but...... 14 years and a full-screw..????
You must have a charge sheet longer than mine... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I joined straight from school, so a few years were as an apprentice! I did my cadre in 99, picked up on the square and then picked up my second on my second look. I also was in the bracket when I had to wait three years not two for my first look! :aargh4:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Cairodel said:
I'll go with this, but...... 14 years and a full-screw..????
You must have a charge sheet longer than mine... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hows 12yrs as a Lance Jack!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey Spam could you put one of those bergens to the side for me - the shortback preferably but its upto you obviously!

Is that Signals insignia I can see on your No2's?

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
14 years and a full screw! He's a flyer compared to me!

Try 22yrs and counting! My beret may be a different colour but i'm still here (there should be a smilie with gritted teeth) :banghead:

Get some time in, i've done more time in NAAFi qeues than blah, blah, blah blah.............................. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I can't see the Army suitcase. Don't say they don't issue it anymore? If I remember we were allowed to keep that. Yeah...cheers!! :)

Well done Spam and welcome to civvi street. Be careful though. You're not allowed to get angry with anyone these days let alone shoot folks.

Pablo.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Signals?!!!!!

:AR15firin :1244:

No, Engineers!!! And no, they don't do the dreaded suitcase anymore, although that is an item I often see at car boot sales!!

Greg, I( think you are the first to show an interest in a bergen, so I'll try to remember and give you first refusal!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
spamel said:
Signals?!!!!!

:AR15firin :1244:

No, Engineers!!! And no, they don't do the dreaded suitcase anymore, although that is an item I often see at car boot sales!!

Greg, I( think you are the first to show an interest in a bergen, so I'll try to remember and give you first refusal!

Cheers Spam!
Someone had to be an Engineer I guess:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hey Spam.....If you manage to get home with a Landy Defender (prefer td5) I will have that off you.......Also a Challenger tank would look good on my drive, and a Chinook to show off to the neighbours.....
Echo what Red said.......Cheers buddy....... :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE