How to expel worms?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
My youngest cousin had worms when he was a kid...until he started using smokeless tobacco. It didnt kill him but long term use can...
Also my granddad used to feed tobacco along with charcoal to his pigs for worms...sick but true.
Hawk

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Nemisis said:
I'm curious Bam did you still get drunk or just the worm?
Dave.

Lol...oh I can assure you both myself and the worm were both very merry on the old Mekong! lol :lmao:
(Actually I can't talk for the worm but I was pretty much "falling over" drunk from it! :D )

Bam. :)

stone

Tenderfoot
tomtom said:
i was recently taught a natural and simple cure for tapeworms..
you will need 7 apples, 6 marsbars and a very good friend and a pair of plyers ;)
for 6 days eat a strict diet of an apple mars bar in that order leaving just 1 min between the two..
on the 7th day eat just an apple, bend over an wait for the worm to look out and shout 'oi wheres be bl***y marsbar' and have your willing helper grab it with the plyers and pull like buggery :)
merry christmas!

:lmao: That hat to be the funniest thing I have read for a while now, thanks for the laff tomtom!! now you owe me a new keyboard...lol

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
torjusg said:
Is it because of the tannins or the sapoins?

Torjus Gaaren

No idea. Old folk remedy. Seems to work.

We don't have much for walnuts around here. Every two or three years I head to the south of the state and come back with a couple of bushels. I hull them and use an old corn grinder on the hulls to turn them into a powder. It was one of my grandfather's remedies.

PG

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Worm infections cannot be regarded as trivial. Infection with, say, the pork tapeworm may cause no symptoms in some patients. In other patients, the larval form of the tapeworm can disseminate through the body (cysticercosis) and this can be very serious or fatal.

Similarly, worldwide, Ascaris worm infection is common and often without symptoms. but the worms can migrate, eg to lung, and you can die of ascaris pneumonia.

This is why it is important that proper diagnosis and treatment is made. Do not rely on herbal or folk remedies. Seek medical help as soon as you get back to civilisation. Threadworms are an exception - they are common, trivial and as Rich had said, can be eradicated if you stop eating the eggs.

Even in the UK there are some serious worm infections. Toxocara canis can cause blindness and the dog tapeworm can cause serious liver problems (echinococcosis)

Do not ingest cigarettes. Although a study of accidental cigarette ingestion by children of up to 2 cigarettes did not cause any serious disease, it did cause a lot of nausea and vomiting, etc, and you don't want this in the wilderness. Ingestion of more than two cigarettes, or water in which cigarettes have been steeped, have been associated with serious toxicity. In addition I could find nothing in the medical literature to indicate that tobacco or nicotine is effective in helminthic (worm) infections.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE