How to build a nuclear fallout bunker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Take off any spare doors and lean them against a sound internal supporting wall. Paint the outside white to reflect the heat and radiation, line the inside with newspaper so that you have something interesting to read before you fall asleep. Use the old Spiderman duvet cover to create a flap at the end to again stop nuclear rays penetrating into your shelter, Spidey is a super hero so they won't get past him. Fill empty milk bottles with water and store them in your shelter, also keep as many tins as you can.

If caught outside during a nuclear strike, duck and roll. In this way you will avoid being incinerated by the fireball, will dodge all of those nasty gamma rays and pieces of flying debris/veghicles being whipped around by the blast and positive and negative pressure winds. Don't forget to close your eyes, it might be a little bright at first and when the wind blows a bit of grit could get in your eye and potentially you could end up with a nasty case of conjunctivitus. Don't worry about any hair care products, combs or brushes: in a week you'll be bald, as will everybody else.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
Went to a nostradamus 'end of the world' party once, about 100 surfers, huddled round fires on the beach, counting on some mile wide astroid to touch down somewhere in the atlantic. I swear one or two looked almost disapointed come sun up

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Can't you just plug the holes up? Then it wouldn't fall out of whatever container it was in to begin with?

Mesquite...
when I saw the URL pointing to "alpine survival" I though it would be a really useful website - especially considering how much time I try to spend in the French alps each year. Imagine my disapointment. Haha.

Some interesting designs though - on a purely architectural level there's some interesting use of space in an essentially modular system with those things. :p

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
When I first saw the title I thought you said NUCLEAR REACTOR.

I thought `great, that way I can supply energy to the entire county...`

Was I dissapointed.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Go to closest ROC bunker armed with a decent set of bolt crops, crop the shackle and Roberts your mothers brother.:)

Then discover that you would have rather fried in the initial blast than survived:(

Wayland

Hárbarðr
shrek-smiley.gif

About 3 minutes......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE