buy or build a shed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jonno70

Dec 23, 2023
Cumbria
I have built several sheds and if your patient free stuff can be found to do a diy build. Cheapish wooden sheds at DIY shops are poor in quality. I have put a metal shed up (it was bought from Argos ) its far better than wood but putting it together was a pain in the rump, fiddly and it took a few days to complete but zero maintenance and it looks like new 5 years on, still got my bloodstains on the inside off numerous knuckle cuts.

Reactions: British Red

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
No shed thread would be complete without a cross link to somewhere describing the infamous Shed of Doom

I have not built a shed, but I built a log store using tantalised timber, 18mm OSB and roofing felt and know I didn't save money over a flat-pack in rough sawn untreated timber, but got a much more durable structure.

Jonno70

Dec 23, 2023
Cumbria
If it's just for storing tools etc then I wonder why a wooden floor is needed. I have built a few without and its easier to build and haven't found any issues.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE