how many smokers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Tried it as a teenager and couldn't see the attraction , never smoked since .

but being a joiner i have inhaled my fair share of nasty crud over the years from mdf dust to asbestos .

Craig...........

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
A couple really, first is seeing how the big C has affected my family when my dad was diagnosed at Christmas, and second is my own personal health and an attempt to get a fitter and eat better.

Funny isn't it? We all see the evidence, but disregard it until it hits close to home ... good luck with it anyway - it really does make a difference ;)

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Just the pipe.Smooth and relaxed.

My dad was a big pipe smoker , any time we were in the car he would be smoking away Merrily while we were in the back chocking our lungs up !

Maybe that is why i never started smoking !

Craig...............

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Still smoking but less than 10 on average a day.

The will to stop is increasing though and this may well be the year that any attempt will work.
Although I can see me having one or two each day because it can be enjoyable.
Doing completely without a pleasure you enjoy is unnecessary imo.

We'll see how it goes though.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
My dad was a big pipe smoker , any time we were in the car he would be smoking away Merrily while we were in the back chocking our lungs up !

Maybe that is why i never started smoking !

Craig...............

I always smoke outside.I hate smoke in the air around me.
Smoked rollies for years.Pipes' far more ritual and ,for me,has removed the habitual smoking need that ciggies require.Love it.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I do like the pipe now and again too.

Good for discouraging the midgies, mind you can discourage the friends as well...:lmao:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well I've managed all day without a cig so far, can't see what all the fuss is about really :)

I think the ones I've missed most have been after a meal, although I really really wanted one with my coffee this morning.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Well I've managed all day without a cig so far, can't see what all the fuss is about really :)

I think the ones I've missed most have been after a meal, although I really really wanted one with my coffee this morning.

That's when I enjoy them most too Rich.

Keep it up.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010

stay strong brother,.....hahaha

never had you down as a dirty smoker,...

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i've been dead against smoking all my life, my parents were heavy smokers as i was growing up, most of my family tbh. it wasn't until the last year or so that i took up the occasional cigar, i find it relaxing and i enjoy it.
wouldn't mind trying a pipe tbh.
however current medical condition says no more of it so i'm stuffed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE