how many smokers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
The doctors said that me smoking round my baby might jst be enough to kill him as he had a huge hole in the heart.

Stopping overnight from 60 a day nearly killed me instead.

Hes 16 now.

I still get the urge for one about once a month, usually when I smell a swan vesta match strike. Lasts for about 30 seconds then Im safe until the next craving. I dont have a problem with other people smoking. Only side effect was putting on a hell of a lot of weight.

BarryG

Nomad
Oct 30, 2007
NorthWest England
Well I've managed all day without a cig so far, can't see what all the fuss is about really :)

I think the ones I've missed most have been after a meal, although I really really wanted one with my coffee this morning.

Stick at it fella. I found it easy at first but as the month worn on i hear them calling out to me more and more.

Funny enough, yesterday i was at delamere putting up my first hammock, and it was that thinking time fag i missed the most.

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
I remember seeing on television years ago an interview with some old codger who was some crazy age like 110 or something. He made the comment that he had been
smoking for a hundred years. Must be a very slow poison.

Both my parents are 80 and have been smoking since they were teenagers. It doesn't kill everyone. Personally I've never tried quitting because I just don't want to.
Tobacco is one of the joys of life; inhale it right down to your toes and enjoy it. Been looking online at buying tobacco seed to grow in the garden. Anyone have any
experience with home-grown, home-cured tobacco?

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
here we go..

well i started smoking at 15 at school

during this time i played cricket for my private school's first team and my local club... i never felt held back by it and continued until about 4 weeks ago. (21, 7 months now)

I recently broke up with my lass ( norwegian)

we lived together for over a year and i was introduced to the wonder that is snus!

Basically its a small tobbacco teabag that you put under your top lip... ( sounds horrble i know) But its not at all.....

i thought that i couldnt live without my marlboro reds and that i would go into a coma if i ever quit but how wrong i was!

after the breakup i was determined to change the things that i could to improve my life and quit smoking alltogether ( army recruitment top reason)

Its amazing how you lose the smoking without losing the nicotine! i have felt nearly no craving to smoke and have ample supplies of CHEAPER snus to relax with.
For me it works out about £4.00 a tub with 24 pouches in each. ( trust me you dont chain with these

They last for about 1 hour with no felt drop off effect.

I read somwhere that a British health board rated them 98% less harmfull than smoking

You make your own mind up guys and gals but i cant reccomend them enough for all you that dont want to quit nicotine but want to quit smoking!

It changed my life,

T

i use Thunder Extra Stark Snus ( extra strong)

would love to stop a smoker so please ask me for any questions you have!

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

Last edited:

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Tried it as a teenager and couldn't see the attraction , never smoked since .

but being a joiner i have inhaled my fair share of nasty crud over the years from mdf dust to asbestos .

Craig...........

Its funny you say that because my dads been a joiner since he was 16.... hes 53 now.

he had never smoked or drank more than a couple of pints a week, he is 14 stone fit as a fiddle ( still working like a 20yr now!)

in 2008 he was diagnosed with witha cancer of the lymph nodes ( gland in the neck)

0he went to york hospital and had the big op! 7 hours later he dischargerd himself and took the train home (WITH OVER 20 STAPLES HOLDING HIS NECK TOGETHER )

The reason i share this truamatic time in our lives is that the one of the only reasons i think he got this was from the many years of working with asbestos and common fibreglass insulation methods of the time...

Hopefully none of you have to see you dad with a seeping neck like i did...

T

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Its funny you say that because my dads been a joiner since he was 16.... hes 53 now.

he had never smoked or drank more than a couple of pints a week, he is 14 stone fit as a fiddle ( still working like a 20yr now!)

in 2008 he was diagnosed with witha cancer of the lymph nodes ( gland in the neck)

0he went to york hospital and had the big op! 7 hours later he dischargerd himself and took the train home (WITH OVER 20 STAPLES HOLDING HIS NECK TOGETHER )

The reason i share this truamatic time in our lives is that the one of the only reasons i think he got this was from the many years of working with asbestos and common fibreglass insulation methods of the time...

Hopefully none of you have to see you dad with a seeping neck like i did...

T

reminds me of when my mum had her thyroids out, she had staples all along her neck from one end to the other and expandable drains either side, i thought they'd turned her into Frankenstein monster at first.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Had a habit for 40 years. A pack a day of tailor mades and then plain old for rollies. Took a course of Champix four years ago, never wanted one since. I don't mind others smoking, the one thing I've not turned into is a sanctimonious born-again non-smoker or I would have lost a lot of friends.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE