How do you carry your water?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonedef

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Stockport
some siggs some plastic bottles.
camel back coming up, and/or a poss funky filter system I saw at the outdoor show.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
For day trips the old Nato water bottle or plastic coke bottles.

For overnighters and weekends a camelbak that clips to the side of the Sabre (plus the Nato water bottle etc)

For meets where water is supplied I take a collapsible plastic water container.

Water is a hard resource to find in the field in my area so I nearly always have to carry mine in.

Pablo.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Siggs/sigg clones, nato/nato clones, nalgene/nalgene clones for my belt or pack.
A plasic 2gallon container for short static camps and a water roller barrel thing on a handle for long static camps.
For flash - a leather waterbottle that I made and/or a coconut bottle I made

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Coconut bottle is on far right...
Xmasprojects2.jpg

Simply cut the top off a coconut insert and glue in a wooden spout.... this one is set in a wooden plug as getting the meat out of the nut is easier if you have a bigger hole hence the need to reduce the hole before fitting the spout.
I like coconuts - for the shells as much as the flesh - and I have made mugs ladels, jars, bottles etc from them

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Did you have to seal the "nut" to water proof it?

Does nature do it for you?

Errrrruuuuummmmm - One would expect it to naturally be waterproof - surely otherwise the milk would leak out?!

(completely ready for someone to prove me wrong mind you! ;))

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
there is coconut flesh inside a coconut. that's what stops the water getting out 100%

the shell on its own should be waterproof enough, though i don't know how long it would hold water if it was saturated/sitting it in - can't see a reason why it wouldn't be

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Siggs/sigg clones, nato/nato clones, nalgene/nalgene clones for my belt or pack.
A plasic 2gallon container for short static camps and a water roller barrel thing on a handle for long static camps.
For flash - a leather waterbottle that I made and/or a coconut bottle I made

Any chance of instructions for the leather water bottle and a larger photo of the coconut Please.

Stu.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
58 water bottles for me .............................
no I only have 6 of them!
They are 58 pattern issued bottles, though how I have 6 is anyone's guess!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nato bottle, roll up carrier, 5 litre bottles from Tesco, empty pop bottles, or when you forget the water, you borrow a tub from Mr Fenna ;) Thank you John

Plan B, if water is available, take Cider, drink Cider and fill empty bottles:)

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I use a Webtex Camelbak clone for overnighters, it is not very good as it leaks if water gets to the screw lid thingy. I have to find that old Ortleib 4l. baldder I had a while back.

I have just got some of those water collectors for my hammock from an Ebay auction, you screw a pop bottle to them and hang them from the corners of your tarp.

Problem is whenever I go bivvying it seems to stay dry, I am not complaining you understand.

I also sometimes use a Nalgene bottle.

Stewey.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE