how do I know if the knife. is good.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I think knife wise less might be more on shorter distances?
Im likely to break and drop a couple, probably get mugged too, so a strapped lmf to my leg wouldnt get gone

Oh no. If your likely to loose or break them for gods sake just done pack a knife.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
This is the typical BCUK contradiction in advice.
Buy a low priced stick thang they are great strong etc:mexwave:

Then as soon the price goes up OH NO you cant buy a stick tang it has to be a heavyweight lump that is the fulltang:dunno: :rant:

Though do agree with the Mora purchase first then think about something pricier if want something fancy. Never rule out a stick tang IMO they are great and strong enough but also look better :deadhorse:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
This is the typical BCUK contradiction in advice.
Buy a low priced stick thang they are great strong etc:mexwave:

Then as soon the price goes up OH NO you cant buy a stick tang it has to be a heavyweight lump that is the fulltang:dunno: :rant:

Though do agree with the Mora purchase first then think about something pricier if want something fancy. Never rule out a stick tang IMO they are great and strong enough but also look better :deadhorse:

I have a finish wilderness pukko stick tang and its had some real abuse and not let me down, i have also had an Enzo trapper tang crack in the past.

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
So 2500 miles in 80 days thats 30+miles a day ,with what is looking like 30kg +pack on your back ,,,I would have a good think about this because i think you might hurt yourself with that much weight .
But good luck to you anyway

Jason

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
So 2500 miles in 80 days thats 30+miles a day ,with what is looking like 30kg +pack on your back ,,,I would have a good think about this because i think you might hurt yourself with that much weight .
But good luck to you anyway

Jason

Wheres the 30 kg's from?

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
In the OP you say you will be out for 80 days. Can you explain a little more about where your going and where you will be staying overnight and the other gear your gonna take, because if you are gonna carry all that metalwork you arnt gonna have room for owt else.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
In the OP you say you will be out for 80 days. Can you explain a little more about where your going and where you will be staying overnight and the other gear your gonna take, because if you are gonna carry all that metalwork you arnt gonna have room for owt else.

Its at least 80 days.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Just looking at the kit your taking ,,so what weight do you think it will all add up to then ?

Jason

Tarp, sleeping bag, 1 person tent weighs 1,5 kilo, omnifuel ti stove, the gransfors small forest axe, the multitool, the katadyn pocket water purifyer, steriipen adventurer, maxpedition fr 1 pouch which has some emergency gear in like some 100 grams of brass snare wire.
Widemouth nalgene and possibly a maxpedition nalgene pouch, gotta check out the new war belt thats coming tuesday. A Few torches,

Need to find a descent small packing fishing rod too.

And a couple more pouches. And hhave my netting needles and some garden cord too to help degrade. If I need to make a net and ditch it.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
When people start talking about carrying a fixed blade knife on there leg and possibly for protection that rings alarm bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE