How did you come to Bushcraft UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What brought you here?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 62 15.3%
  • Direct link from another site

Votes: 52 12.9%
  • Search engine - keyword search

Votes: 237 58.7%
  • Other - he he, I think this can be change to...Don't remember!

Votes: 53 13.1%

• Total voters

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have absolutely no idea how I first became part of the clan...... But I'm glad I did. I've made some wonderful friends and met some awesome folk :D

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I Think i googled Bushcraft after watching uncle Ray carving something and thinking i wonder if there are any tutorials on that, glad i stumbled on this site although i dont seem to have any free time anymore as i'm always on here lol

Dave

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I think I spotted tht bushcraft magazine in WHSmiths and after reading it I googled it but ended up on here. I haven't bought that mag since!!

BTW I was reading this thread from the beginning and got as far as the first reply to the OP. It was Ahjno (is that right?) and he was pleased at reaching his 600th post. I looked at his actual post and it was 3200 plus!! That's when I realised it was an old thread. This must be an old zombie being dragged up but still interesting. Although I suspect the google option is the most common. Well I'll post this then answer the poll myself. Its the google option I'll be a checking.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
looking for info on a tarp/ bivvi setup. then i saw a few bell tent threads with the stoves. then i saw this interesting hammock setup.

matthewpearce

Jan 31, 2011
Andover
Dave Budd told me and a mate about the bushmoot at last years wilderness gathering, which was getting to commercial for our liking so heading for the bushmoot this year can't wait!!!!!

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
It seemed like for a while everything I wanted to learn or buy I would look for tips reviews etc and the first couple of pages of Google brought me here so now I've cut out the middle man (Google) and just play on here :D So glad I joined though have met some great people, had some great laughs and learnt more than I could ever have hoped to learn on my own.

Thanks BCUK :D

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
It seemed like for a while everything I wanted to learn or buy I would look for tips reviews etc and the first couple of pages of Google brought me here so now I've cut out the middle man (Google) and just play on here :D So glad I joined though have met some great people, had some great laughs and learnt more than I could ever have hoped to learn on my own.

Thanks BCUK :D

Mine was exactly the same, every bushcrafty search I did BCUK popped up with the answer so joined up and have learnt loads and bought more kit than I even imagined existed (my credit cards really love BCUK!) :D

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I was into survival gear and camping, then I met another likeminded guy who told me about this site, the rest is history. I wished he had warned me of the addiction.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I had one of the first web pages dealing with uk knife law and noticed a lot of hits coming from a site called britishblades. I joined it and followed the link to here. Joined here pretty sharpish too!

Ulsteryank

Nov 22, 2011
Belfast, N.Ireland
I was using some Google-fu searching for paracord suppliers in the UK, and came across this place. I liked the look of it, and it only seemed appropriate as I was looking for paracord to wrap one of my knife handles because I'm wanting to get more into the outdoor scene, so perfect match!

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
I was searching for info on the Snugpak Response Pack...found all sorts of great kit photos and threads. Was a lurker for a couple of years then signed up for membership. Love this place.

ATB
Sack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE