Hopefully a first for BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
If you fancy a little more practice on leather without breaking the bank then head down to a charity shop and buy a few ladies leather hand bags. Plenty of usable tattooable leather in those and good for pouches, draw string bags etc.

Sadly, down this way the local charity shops are a con. £250 for an old ladies rotten sofa! £50 for a leather jacket an old man died in and £15 for a manky handbag that hasn't been in fashion since the 80's. lol rip off buggers!

Also, I think your engraving is very tidy. :)

It's not everyones thing but it certainly appeals to a decent portion of readers and is something different for anyone customers who want something extra for their toys. I have a feeling the leather tattooing will probably be more desirable to the majority of members here, but the two are certainly a great addition to the multitude of options for us guys to buy/admire. Keep up the good work and get investing in some stock so you can make some coin mate! ;)
Cheers for the heads up mate and thanks for the great comments

gabrielo

Jul 29, 2012
germany
really good job!

did you just tattoo the pattern with a tattoo gun? you said it can be tattooed with pretty much anything...do you know if there are any cheap diy-alternatives for tattooing leather?

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
really good job!

did you just tattoo the pattern with a tattoo gun? you said it can be tattooed with pretty much anything...do you know if there are any cheap diy-alternatives for tattooing leather?
There is no cheap way of doing this my friend and there is certainly no room at all for mistakes.
I meant by saying can be tattooed with anything as in designs not equipment

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Its rubbish , I dont want to see anymore
On here:D ;)

Im yer huckleberry for leather pieces of all different kinds , textures an thickness.
By the end of the month , I will send you a parcel up so you can do owt tha wants with em :thumbup: (for nowt) or tha can knock it off my bill , one day :p
Alreyt ? ;)

Im looking forad to this takin off for you Trev :thumbup:
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I should be finishing a bow up soon and a leather bound handle with work like that would set any bow off no end....

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Well done mate, very impressive I must say. Massive possibilities I'd have thought!

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Its rubbish , I dont want to see anymore
On here:D ;)

Im yer huckleberry for leather pieces of all different kinds , textures an thickness.
By the end of the month , I will send you a parcel up so you can do owt tha wants with em :thumbup: (for nowt) or tha can knock it off my bill , one day :p
Alreyt ? ;)

Im looking forad to this takin off for you Trev :thumbup:
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much chis means a lot and the leather is an awesome offer that would be great

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I think it caters to those of us who like the idea of a tattoo, but don't want to grow old with one. Tatooing our gear is a much more appealing option.

Very very true my friend I've run out of my own skin too so I thought this would be a great option to carry on with my passion and all thanks to you for finding this little gem

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Nice one Trev, really good experiment !!

I am very interested in this. Maybe you could treat the Test leather piece with some leather oil (neatsfoot?) and see if its effects the ink, maybe also bend the leather a bit. Would be interested how the tattoo looks/acts.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Nice one Trev, really good experiment !!

I am very interested in this. Maybe you could treat the Test leather piece with some leather oil (neatsfoot?) and see if its effects the ink, maybe also bend the leather a bit. Would be interested how the tattoo looks/acts.
Already done it mate it reacts just the same as a tattoo on human skin it really is no different it's perfect mate

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Having no way to tattoo, I did experiment with ink on leather, but even after 3 days drying it smudged. This seems the proper way of doing it and I hope you get a kick back from it.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Having no way to tattoo, I did experiment with ink on leather, but even after 3 days drying it smudged. This seems the proper way of doing it and I hope you get a kick back from it.

Right I've bent the leather I've rubbed it and no smudging or bleeding I'm now soaking it in water just to see what happens and how it dries so fingers crossed ill post pics later of my findings

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE