Hopefully a first for BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
It's looks doubly awesome when also tooled up.

Would like to see snakes, dragons, fish, wolves, eagles.... All would make great sheaths.

How stable is it, have you tried giving it a rub with a damp cloth?
Yup it's in the epidermis of the hide it's in for good and a dam good rub still stayed put

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Let's hope the positive comments keep coming I can't thank all those enough, who have commented and given ideas of what to try next and the possibilities of items to be made . Thanks all once again.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice job mate, and a really good idea. :)

Tattooing raw pig skin is a way for buddinng tattooists to practice, is it not?

What's the texture of the tattooed hide? if it's anything like a raw tat' then surely it will be kind of like suede?

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Nice job mate, and a really good idea. :)

Tattooing raw pig skin is a way for buddinng tattooists to practice, is it not?

What's the texture of the tattooed hide? if it's anything like a raw tat' then surely it will be kind of like suede?

Yes tis like suede bud but looks so much better when it's in your hand .
Thanks for the comment bud

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I don't have anymore leather to show you all what's possible for detail etc but to be fair most if not all ideas are possible for me providing it's not portrait work as this is not my bag

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I don't have anymore leather to show you all what's possible for detail etc but to be fair most if not all ideas are possible for me providing it's not portrait work as this is not my bag

If you fancy a little more practice on leather without breaking the bank then head down to a charity shop and buy a few ladies leather hand bags. Plenty of usable tattooable leather in those and good for pouches, draw string bags etc.

Sadly, down this way the local charity shops are a con. £250 for an old ladies rotten sofa! £50 for a leather jacket an old man died in and £15 for a manky handbag that hasn't been in fashion since the 80's. lol rip off buggers!

Also, I think your engraving is very tidy. :)

It's not everyones thing but it certainly appeals to a decent portion of readers and is something different for anyone customers who want something extra for their toys. I have a feeling the leather tattooing will probably be more desirable to the majority of members here, but the two are certainly a great addition to the multitude of options for us guys to buy/admire. Keep up the good work and get investing in some stock so you can make some coin mate! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE