Hopefully a first for BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Right I've soaked the leather in boiling water I've rubbed it scratched it you name it even screwed it up in my hand and nothing pics to show
null_zpsc5a427c7.jpg

Back to normal and no difference to the artworks and bearing in mind I have put nothing on top of the artwork to protect it yet.
null_zpsbb76fa2c.jpg

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Does it dull your needle Trev , or keep it sharp as it's like constantly stropping ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats good, loads of avenues this could be taken, do you have any other designs, not just scrolls, as it would be good to see some images with colour as well.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Thats good, loads of avenues this could be taken, do you have any other designs, not just scrolls, as it would be good to see some images with colour as well.

Loads of endless designs I'm a tattoo artist so no shortage there colour designs I can do I reckon just waiting on some leather to show all what can be done I would imagine colour designs only worth doing on natural leather as dye may not show up the colours

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Does it dull your needle Trev , or keep it sharp as it's like constantly stropping ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I was under the impression that by law tattoo needles had to be disposed of after use in the professional enviroment..!? Atleast that's what I was told by a local tattoo artist.

Mind you, it does make way for a custom hard damasteel tattoo needle for our boy Trev to look forward too for xmas! ;)

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I was under the impression that by law tattoo needles had to be disposed of after use in the professional enviroment..!? Atleast that's what I was told by a local tattoo artist.

Mind you, it does make way for a custom hard damasteel tattoo needle for our boy Trev to look forward too for xmas! ;)
Only if blood born pathogens are present this leather has been dead for quite a few years fella so no blood involved takes that out of the equation I solder theses needles up specially for this job of tattooing leather

I like presents :lmao:

Last edited:

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I have since tattooed two patches and gifted them for their perusal,
One to bob (juttle)
And the other to mike(mountainm)
Hope they like them

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
DOH! Open your eyes Ivan! Sorry Trev, should have spotted this one earlier, would have stopped me asking dumb questions, i really like the idea and love juttle's one, so ideas and designs spinning around in my swede now!

Top idea and Top Job!

Ivan...

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
DOH! Open your eyes Ivan! Sorry Trev, should have spotted this one earlier, would have stopped me asking dumb questions, i really like the idea and love juttle's one, so ideas and designs spinning around in my swede now!

Top idea and Top Job!

Ivan...

Lol Ivan no such thing as a stupid question if you don't ask you don't know.

Mr.punch

Forager
Oct 15, 2012
somerset/devon border
Right I've soaked the leather in boiling water I've rubbed it scratched it you name it even screwed it up in my hand and nothing pics to show
null_zpsc5a427c7.jpg

Back to normal and no difference to the artworks and bearing in mind I have put nothing on top of the artwork to protect it yet.
null_zpsbb76fa2c.jpg

Nah! go on admit it, you cut that from a dead person didn't you?:p
Brilliant idea and work mate look forward to seeing more. :You_Rock_

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Nice one mate! I figured there wouldn't be much if an issue (tattoos don't run when wet eh!)

set eat yourself up as a maker and start selling!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE