Honey on Tour (Could become pic Heavy...)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bashabuddy

Nomad
Dec 15, 2008
bramley, Leeds
A little bimble round one of my little play grounds. Long enough for a cuppa stop!

4011346037_c10a099b06.jpg

Used in conjuction with my trangia burner! o and my GB from Shewie! :You_Rock_

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Evening All,

I was lucky enough to receive a Honey, from a wonderful person, as a Birthday gift last week.

I was itching to try it in the field, but due to commitments I wasn't able to get out and about, but couldn't wait any longer.

So, on a very blustery day, I sat in the doorway of my cave ( garden shed ) and fired up the stove just outside. I boiled water for a cuppa first, then as another first I'd always fancied trying to make a sweet Bannock, so here was the ideal opportunity.

I'm not sure if it turned out the way it's supposed to, or if it rose enough, but it gave of a fantastic waffle smell when cooking, and my son and I polished it off in 5 mins when it was done.

I took a few pics, but can't post attachments.

I'm aiming to get it out with it, later in the week.

Stryker

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I've not been out to use my honey stove for quite a while, it's far too wet at the moment but as soon as there is a dry spell I want to go out and fire 'er up!

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
The weather here is pretty extreme at the moment, I don't think I could get it going! :eek:

That is almost blasphemous! the Honey will light in any weather, or at least I haven't been out with it and not have it light.

Traniga stoves are accepted in my new extreme passtime, but you have be in an EXTREME (or is it X-TREME) environment, like this.... (albeit ironing not cooking)

extreme_ironing4.jpg

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
The extreme ironing photo puts me in mind of a new challenge - the most 'extreme' honey/bushcooker/trangia/bushbuddy pic you can produce this winter...
N

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
A question to honey user's anyone experianced any rusting? i used mine for the first time in about 3 months yesterday and on removing it form its pouch, noticed the top and bottom plates had rusted up abit,after id used it that day i give it a scrub with a bit of fairy liquid and a pan scourer(nylon and sponge thing)then dried it well , and its come up a bit better, but i though as it was stainless steal it should'nt rust?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
well thanks to a recent birthday i now have the money to go out and get my honey stove!
i'll be ordering shortly but can anyone suggest any decent billy cans to go with? atm i have a mil trang so for immediate use i'm dropping the wind shield and using the honey and mil burner, or wood.
my grand plan is to also carry a small frying pan, little 7" jobbie for those egg butties in the morning!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE